Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making anything for the 4th of July?

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 08 at 0:50

Decided I'd better get an early start, so I found this pattern by Myra Mahy in one of my old painting books, cut it out and have been working on getting it painted the last couple of days. I'm not a very good photographer, so the pic is not too good. You can click on the pic to enlarge it. Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making anything for the 4th of July?

That is so cute Luvs. I love the buttons! Not sure if I'm making anything new this year, I've got so much stuff as it is.

Sal

o

Great job Luvs!!! I really like her. I don't know wether I'll get anything made or not.

o

This is what I have been making for the holiday.
The little girls love these hair clippies.

o

I can see why! Those are really cute and festive. Luvs

o

This is what I've made so far.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o
RE: Jenni's Hair Clips

Jenni,
Your hair clips are adorable. Luvs, I better get over to the painting form and see if you got your project finished. I always enjoy seeing what you do.

o

Jenni ca
I love your clips! I have been working on some lately for my grandaughter using the snap type metal clips. What material do you use? How do you get the scalloped edge? Glue or sew? Any tips you could pass on would be appreciated, especially on how you finish off the inside (what fabric works best)
Vicki

o

Vicki I cut the shapes with a die cut. It is two pieces that I then glue together along the edges and slip the clip in.
I start with two layers of fabric that I fuse together with fusible webbing.
I cut out my shapes, and seal all the edges so they won't fray.
I had got some snapclip covers from a seller on ebay and wanted to make my own using fabric so I bought the die cut.

o

All these things are making me feel very patriotic. Jenni, those clips are adorable. About as cute as the Croc-a-doodle-doo-dads! I love your stuff.

Note to self- dig out and wear red/white/blue this weekend!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here