Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new ornaments

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 07 at 23:18

I'm afraid these might be hard to see. I've made Santa cinnamon sticks before but these are so cute (3/.25) Each one is holding a little wooden heart.
The Rudolph pins are on green felt. The head of Rudolph is a piece of pine cone!! I guess you just break the piece off. One Pine cone could make 50 or more haha.With the addition of the google eyes and tiny bell and ribbon it makes a nice pin. These were 5/1.00 I got them for the pattern!!

The red scissor necklace is not really an ornament. I discovered that the little scissor case is really plastic canvas folded in half with a crocheted chain!! nice little gift for a club meeting table favor. Thought you'd like to see what's new.

Here is a link that might be useful: ornaments

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new ornaments

I really like the Santa cinnamon sticks, they are so cute. I agree that the other ornaments would make great club meeting favors.

Sal

o

I like those Santa sticks too. I'll have to make some of those this year. TFS ~Anj

o

Do the santa sticks hang on the tree? did not see a hanging loop. how would one display them? thanks

o

surfergal I don't see any kind of hanger on the Santas. Maybe they are for sticking in plants??

o

Yes Ive madethese I used fishing line to hang them really cute.I used the paint for snow for 3d effect,for hair & beard

o

I still have some of these ornaments from our first year of marriage, when we could afford nothing. I blew out eggs and painted the shells white and glued on small cut outs from wrapping paper or magazines, then varnished them. They are classic and I was surprized to see some on my brother's tree recently. I forgot i had sent them to him 30 years ago! I also made some salt dough ornaments - simple candles came out the best: painted candle white, flame yellow/orange and added holly leaves and berries at the bottom. These show up well on a tree and with a couple of coats of varnish have survived about thirty hot humid summers in the attic! Still also have a couple of snowmen made of felt with felt top hats and red scarves. Just blanket stitched and lightly stuffed. These are a little more time consuming, but very cute and fun to do when just relaxing in the evenings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here