Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scrapbook machines & hand tools for fabric & felt???

Posted by hobby_libby (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 7, 11 at 22:37

Can the Sizzix & Cricut machines with dies, punches, edging scissors, & so on, also cut fabric & felt?

I'm not a paper person, but anything that could give me such variety & limit hand work with fabric & felt would be very nice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scrapbook machines & hand tools for fabric & felt???

You bet! I have both a Sizzix and a BigShot and love them both because they can cut everything from paper to thin metals. They will cut your fabrics very nicely. :-)

*I never opted to buy an electronic die cutting machine like the Cricut because they are more limited in the materials they can cut and didn't want yet another electronic device that can break down or need replacement blades, mats, etc. but I do believe that the Cricut does cut fabrics. There is a community board at cricut.com that could probably answer your questions.

o
RE: Scrapbook machines & hand tools for fabric & felt???

That's great news! I didn't know this since I've always shied away from that area of the stores & ignored all talk/reading of anything dealing with paper! lol

Just how many of these machines are there on the market?! 8-O

I'll just look around at the Cricut forum. I don't want to have to register at yet another forum to ask one Q. eek lol

IDK what this Big Shot is. I'll have to do a search for it.

Thanks!

Oh, can the scissors, & circular punches or whatever they're called, with all the fancy designs cut fabric & felt?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here