Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharoncrafts

Denim Stamping

sharoncrafts
18 years ago

I saw this on Carol Duvall a long time ago and have never seen it posted here.

The guest stook a rubber stamp, brushed bleach on the stamp and then stamped the denim. She did a jumper and some jeans. It turned out really nice, especially for children's clothes.

Comments (8)

• aggiewife
    18 years ago

Sounds cute. I'll pass it on to a friend that has a young granddaughter. She is always looking for new ideas.

Thanks.

• carol1946
    18 years ago

I have an old pair of jeans I will give that a try and let you know.
    thanks
    carol

• nodakgal
    18 years ago

I don't see why it wouldn't work! You can dry a design on your jeans with a bleach pen also. The bleach pen would be less likely to drip from a stamp....I might be trying this too.

• maybee_gw
    18 years ago

I've done this...you need to rinse the bleach out with cold water when the fabric is as bleached out as you want it to be. It's been a long time since I have done this, but I think the bleach keeps "bleaching" until you rinse....you can get different degrees of color depending on when you rinse.

• williamsburgjane
    18 years ago

I have done this on t-shirts too. Helps cover up that little stain on the front of a t-shirt too! I used the foam stamps, much easier to handle.

• candy_ny
    17 years ago

Once you stamp, rinse, and dry the fabric, you could also use the outline to embroider over.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    17 years ago

Here's a tip: you can use dishwasher detergent gel - it contains bleach.

It is much easier to use because it's nice & thick = )

• Craftybrat
    17 years ago

I tried this on fabric for a jeans jacket it turned out pretty cool!