Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsgrey_gw

tomato cage caroler

mrsgrey
16 years ago

Does anyone have the directions for a tomato cage caroler using a sweater for the clothes? The one I saw had the sweater pulled up for the hood. I wish I had paid closer attention to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments (2)

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

That sounds really cute. I've never seen one made from a tomato cage but a few years back, saw in a store how the sweater was pulled up just to about the top of a 4X4 piece of wood. That top area of the wood was uncovered and painted white, two wide "U's" were painted in black for the eyes and an oval for the mouth (like a caroler singing). Then a pull on hat was placed on top of the wood and pulled down on the sides just to cover the edges of the sweater. I believe wire (coat hanger thick at least) was put inside the sleeves and bent into position so the sleeves looked like they were holding a caroling book. The wire must have been attached to the wood somehow to make it stay up there, maybe some small holes drilled and the wire super glued into the holes.

Using the tomato cage and your imagination, I bet you could come up with a white sheet covering and maybe some organza material (I hope that's the correct word for the flimsey fabric I'm thinking of) and then fashion some wings out of wood, paint then white and attach to the back so you could have an angel in the garden. What to use for a face though??? Anyone got more ideas?

Sal

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

I did a google so maybe you can find something here!!

Here is a link that might be useful: tomato cage crafts - Google Search

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions