Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
table runner applique

Posted by cats_meow_2008 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 08 at 17:34

Hi, This is probably a silly question But,I am making a table runner and I want to put a sheep and willow tree on the ends. I would like to put the sheep on there as an applique but, I cannot figure out how to applique that sheep on there. Can anyone explain how to do this
Thanks so much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: table runner applique

Are you hand cutting the pieces or are they premade? There is a craft mag named "Create & Decorate." In it they show different types of handstitching. Find the mag at craft stores like Michael's, Joann's, AC Moore Craft Store or even Walmart. You can also do a web search by just typing in your web browser line "applique techniques" - I'm sure you'll get lots of sites to look at. Good luck on your project and hope you'll post pics of it when you're done, we love the pics!!!

Sal

o

Thanks for writing. I am hand cutting the pieces. I have it on tracing paper at this point.

o

There's an iron on material that you could use for keeping it in place, or you could use tacky glue, if it's just for decoration and it won't get dirty- meaning you wouldn't be washing it. What kind of material are you using?

o

I am using cotton material. I have it on tracing paper as I said but, how do I cut it out? Do I put it on a thicker paper and then place the material I am going to use under it and then cut it out?
I am really in the dark about this. I know what I want just trying to get it there. No it will not get dirty so washing is not and issue.. Thanks so much for the help.

o

Cats meow, I think you need to get the iron on paper that Primgal mentioned. There are several brands, one that comes to mind is Wonder under. Just ask for it at a fabric store.

You iron it on the back of the fabric you want to applique, trace your pattern on the paper side, cut it out, pull the backing off and iron the cutout onto your table runner. Really very easy.

Be sure to come back and post a pic so we can see your completed project, okay?

Luvs

o

thanks so much, i will buy it tomorrow at joanns. i will post a pic when complete..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here