Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Balloon in a box gift

Posted by deedeebaker (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 25, 09 at 16:20

Has anyone ever sent one? If so, what type of box did you use and for what occasion? I would like to try this because I think it would be fun. Just looking for something different. I'm thinking I could attach the balloon to a gift of some kind. I would like to hear from anyone who has done this. Thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Balloon in a box gift

Did you ever get an answer to your question?

o

grandma bonnie - No I did not get any answers. But I made the gift I wanted to send & went and purchased a balloon to see what size box I would need. I'm just not real sure about how to package it so it won't fly around in the box.I'm thinking maybe I could go to a UPS store and they could probably help me. Plus I'm having a hard time finding small size shrink wrap bags which I need for the gift.

o

I'm not sure what shrink wrap bags are.

Depending on how small of a bag you need, Wal-Mart has clear party bags in their party section. Would that work?

Or as an alternative, what about making your own bags with baggies and a foodsaver? I found I could make my own packaging useing the cheap Wal-Mart baggies without the label. I put whatever I wanted in the baggie and then cut off the top zipper part. I sealed it where I wanted the seam. If I wanted the sides to be smaller, I cut the side seams and resealed to where I wanted.

o

A shrink wrap bag is a bag that you heat with a hair dryer to shrink the plastic around the item to hold everything in place. You have probably seen them on gift baskets. The gift that I'm shipping has candy in it so the shrink wrap will hold it in place. Wrapping it in a party bag wouldn't be secure enough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here