Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glue for Attaching Bullion Fringe

Posted by mustangs (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 14:56

I need a recommendation for the type and/or brand of glue that I should use to attach 9" bullion fringe to this (unattractive) sofa. I am going to take off the skirt and it has been recommended to glue the fringe on.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glue for Attaching Bullion Fringe

I used to glue stuff like that at my last job. We made the pool table pockets with the fringe - we used rubber cement. Hope that helps !

o

dont know about the glue but would love to see a photo when you are done, I have a love seat sorta like yours and had always wondered if I could take the skirt off, and somehow make it look nice.
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

Thanks Toomuch. Is rubber cement easy to apply? I saw some stuff in Hancock's that was in a squirt bottle. There was no one to ask for assistance about the strength of the product but it looked like it would be easy to apply in a straight line.

Oddie, I'll post when I get it done. Because it's so expensive, I have been hesitant to order the fringe until I have all the bases covered.

o

Mustangs,
When I glue fabric, I use Fabri-Tac made by Beacon. You can get it a Michaels. It's a permanent adhesive and works great!!

Good Luck with your project!

Grimmy

o

Thanks Grimmy! I'll get some.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here