Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my spring wreath

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 08 at 13:39

I put this together yesterday. Used dollar store flowers. Do you all think the purple plaid goes with the flowers? I already had this ribbon, so I decided to use it.

spring wreath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my spring wreath

That is so bright and colorful--and the bow matches two of your flowers and goes perfectly. Enjoy! ;o) Luvs

o

Thanks Luvs. The bow could have been fuller, but I didn't have a full 3 yards on the reel. The plastic had been taken off, so I must have used some of the ribbon earlier. Do you think it's too much color or do the colors contrast?

o

Donna I think the colors are Wonderful. That's what spring is all about....

o

Beautiful! Love it the way it is.

o

thanks leveta and shysue. The large orange flowers in the center at the bottom are actually 2 picks. I saw the box of picks and just had to have those too.

o

Photobucket

o

Hi Everyone,
I have been ill lately, but seem to be coming around now.......but that WREATH is beautiful and so bright. It does a soul good to see something so pretty and know that after the winter spring is coming.........and GARAGE SALES...this will be my first year really getting into it!
Maddya

o

The wreath is beautiful. The bow
goes perfectly with it.
Mayme

o

That is beautiful, I love it. The plaid bow is perfect!!!

Sal

o

Gosh....I never really thought I was that good at wreath making. I buy cheap artificial flowers, cut each one off at the end of its stem, and do a little jabbing and arranging until it looks ok to me. Making the bow is what takes the longest. I think seeing those colorful wreaths at Michael's Craft Store is what inspired me.

o

You've definitely found your calling, Donnas, that is a gorgeous wreath, wonderful bright color combination. Anyone would be proud to display it, I'm sure.
Great job, girl!
Suzan J

o

Very cheery! If you want to link the bow to the wreath a bit more, take a couple of the little white flowers and one of the larger yellow ones and glue into the center of the bow. It will bring the eye from the flowers to the bow and connect it all.

o

Oh yes! very beautiful! love how you aranged the flowers and all the bright colors you used! your bow probley wouldnt have been my frist choice, but it honestly looks beautiful on your wreath, you have done a great job! and should be very prould!
oddie

o

thanks oddie. I'm sure I could have gone and found a better ribbon choice to use, but I'm one of those people who try and use what I already have (and when it comes to wired ribbon, I don't have a whole lot). I also had the smaller purple clustered flowers, so I used those. Figured those would make the ribbon match.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here