Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnas_gw

my spring wreath

donnas_gw
16 years ago

I put this together yesterday. Used dollar store flowers. Do you all think the purple plaid goes with the flowers? I already had this ribbon, so I decided to use it.

Comments (14)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

That is so bright and colorful--and the bow matches two of your flowers and goes perfectly. Enjoy! ;o) Luvs

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Luvs. The bow could have been fuller, but I didn't have a full 3 yards on the reel. The plastic had been taken off, so I must have used some of the ribbon earlier. Do you think it's too much color or do the colors contrast?

• leveta
    16 years ago

Donna I think the colors are Wonderful. That's what spring is all about....

• shysue
    16 years ago

Beautiful! Love it the way it is.

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks leveta and shysue. The large orange flowers in the center at the bottom are actually 2 picks. I saw the box of picks and just had to have those too.

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1476808}}

• maddya
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I have been ill lately, but seem to be coming around now.......but that WREATH is beautiful and so bright. It does a soul good to see something so pretty and know that after the winter spring is coming.........and GARAGE SALES...this will be my first year really getting into it!
    Maddya

• mayme
    16 years ago

The wreath is beautiful. The bow
    goes perfectly with it.
    Mayme

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

That is beautiful, I love it. The plaid bow is perfect!!!

Sal

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gosh....I never really thought I was that good at wreath making. I buy cheap artificial flowers, cut each one off at the end of its stem, and do a little jabbing and arranging until it looks ok to me. Making the bow is what takes the longest. I think seeing those colorful wreaths at Michael's Craft Store is what inspired me.

• sjarz
    16 years ago

You've definitely found your calling, Donnas, that is a gorgeous wreath, wonderful bright color combination. Anyone would be proud to display it, I'm sure.
    Great job, girl!
    Suzan J

• les917
    16 years ago

Very cheery! If you want to link the bow to the wreath a bit more, take a couple of the little white flowers and one of the larger yellow ones and glue into the center of the bow. It will bring the eye from the flowers to the bow and connect it all.

• oddie
    16 years ago

Oh yes! very beautiful! love how you aranged the flowers and all the bright colors you used! your bow probley wouldnt have been my frist choice, but it honestly looks beautiful on your wreath, you have done a great job! and should be very prould!
    oddie

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks oddie. I'm sure I could have gone and found a better ribbon choice to use, but I'm one of those people who try and use what I already have (and when it comes to wired ribbon, I don't have a whole lot). I also had the smaller purple clustered flowers, so I used those. Figured those would make the ribbon match.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz