Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bringing the outdoors IN?

Posted by southerngardenchick (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 25, 09 at 13:35

Hello people! I'm a newbie crafter trying to find projects that coincides with my new love, GARDENING! I'd really love every room in my house to have decor and crafts with a garden theme! I have VERY BASIC crocheting skills, and my husband studied art in college (so he could paint whatever I asked him too... LOL!) I'm not scared to try any kind of crafting project!

One thing I'm going to do is take a leaf off of each plant I grow this summer and do a rubbing (with the help of my three year old), and frame them.

Any other ideas, websites to look at, or whatever?

I know I could google this, but would rather get first hand advice on this. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bringing the outdoors IN?

Hi Beth, I love the gardening look myself. Always wanted to do a room in it, but never did. One thing that I always liked was they took a bird bath and put a glass top on the bowl of it. You could fill the base with gardening things or you could put sand in it and had shells for a more summery look. I saw where they took the round handles from outside water faucets and used them for door pulls. Old metal rakes without the handles makes a great peg hook. Start a collection of flower "frog". The kind you put in vases to hold the flowers up. A old wheelbarrow or a old wagon with a glass top would make a great coffee table. Of course you gotta have a potting table. I've been wanting to make one from a old door. I just made up some little gardening jars. I saw them on the cover of Country Sampler. I'll attach the pics.
I'll have to get some of my old gardening magazines out and look at them again. I'll try and think of some more things and get some sites for you.
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

OH how cute! I've got jars... that'll be an easy project for me to get started on. Lots of great ideas! The wheelbarrow coffee table sounds like my kind of thing too! All my decor is basically repurposed items anyway... :).

Thank you for the thoughts! If you have any more, lay 'em on me!

Beth

o

Google "tree branch decorations". There are a ton of ideas that you could use for wall art, centerpieces, and other things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here