Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dollar store lotion recipe help, please

Posted by cindytx (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 19, 07 at 13:01

Hi ! I saw the post about this lotion a while back and would like to try it, but I'm not sure about which sizes to use and feel kinda silly for not be able to figure it out. Found Vaseline in 3 sizes and baby lotion is approx. 9oz, 13oz and 20 something oz sizes. I'm guessing I just use sizes relative to each other ? Would appreciate any help ya'll can send me - thanks !!
Cindy

Hand Cream
1 jar petroleum jelly
1 bottle baby lotion
1 jar Vitamin E cream

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dollar store lotion recipe help, please

I think Oddie is the expert on this. Hopefully she will see this post and respond. Luvs

o

Hi, I did see your post been looking throu my empty bottles trying to figure out what size I have used, when this started years ago I beleive they only sold one size so it was simple, I would do as you said size relative to each other, just make sure you get the vitamin e cream and not lotion, also when my dil tried it, it set her hands on fire, seems she has some type of reaction to petroleum jelly that I didnt know about.
in the summer I like to use the sunless taning lotion and have to use lotion frist, so I mixed some with the lotion makes it alot eaiser to apply.
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

Thank you Luvs and Oddie - been dealing with shoulder surgery, so I apoligize for the slow response. Wal-mart had the vitamin E cream packaged buy 1-get 2 a few weeks ago...Fruit of the Earth brand, I think, so I bought it. Now I just need to decide on the other sizes and give this a go - sure hope it helps soothe my sensitive skin.
My daughter told me about this lotion, too. She says a co-worker makes it and she has tried it and loves it.
So, you gals are great and I appreciate the help !
Cindy

o

Gosh, Oddie, you just never know what someone will get a reaction to. I'm glady Cindy brought this post back up because I had planned to make some too and hadn't shopped for the ingredients. Thought it would be great for my hands--they need some help! ;o) Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here