Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
speaking of jewelry...

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 12, 09 at 11:56

what was that stuff called that came in rectangular sizes (maybe 1 1/2" wide X 4" long)? It came in many different colors, solids and prints, You could melt it down and make jewelry out of it? Seems it was called plastic something. Used to sell it at the craft store I worked in years ago. I had bought some of it but had absolutely no luck with it LOL.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: speaking of jewelry...

Was it fantastic plastic?

o

jeane, you jogged my memory LOL. It was called Friendly Plastic. I remember you put these sticks of plastic into hot water and it would melt them. Then you could shape it however you wanted. It didn't work for me. Here's a picture:

Friendly Plastic

o

Gosh I had some of that - wonder what I ever did with it.

o

barb, I may as well have been trying to sculpt something with polymar clay LOL. I'm just not that artistic. I wonder if they even make Friendly Plastic anymore?

o

I have 2 kits of it, haven't tried doing anything with it. Got it from a friend. One of many things I'm going to try "one of these days'LOL Jan

o

Yes they still make it and DH bought some at a Estate sale last summer was going to do a project with it. Never happened. There sure a lots of pretty colors as you can see from donnas post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here