Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting on Plastic containers

Posted by amart45 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 08 at 10:26

I have been working on a new craft project for my Grandchildren. I am painting on plastic storage containers to be used for my grandkids toys. I am having so much fun downloading the graphics off of the computer and coping them onto the container. I am using DecColor Paint Pens to color the graphics. Has anyone ever done this kind of painting.
I am not sure if they need to be treated with a sealer to protect the paint from coming off.
Would appreciate any help or advise.
Thanks so much, Anne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting on Plastic containers

you could use a spray sealer to help protect since they will be used by children, a few light coats is better then a heavy one, keep your painted part flat when spraying, and till dry, to make sure nothing runs and mess up your project!
do you have any photos to share with us?
oddie

o
RE: Painting on Plastic containers

Thank you so much for your information. I will be taking some pictures and I will post them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here