Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
savacreep

My First Show of the Season

savacreep
13 years ago

My first show is Saturday. I've never done this one before but it's right down town and it's a huge festival that alot of the locals attend. I'm hoping to do well. *crosses fingers*

When are your first shows of the season and where?

Comments (7)

• Ina Plassa_travis
    13 years ago

mine is this weekend as well - a chili festival that's expanded to include an art fair close to where I used to go to college, which is one of my favorite regions for shows and festivals.

kind of a light schedule this year - three music festivals, two community days, and I'm waiting to hear back from a show at a senior community.

• grandma_bonnie
    13 years ago

I'm doing the Porterville Iris Festival this week-end . I've done it for five years now - my favorite town... $500 last year but I have so much fun and it ony cost me $35 for the space... Tons of people come by and it looks like nice weather too (high 70's) Good luck on your show, sweetie!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

We set up at Antique Alley out of Cleburne, Texas last weekend. Did pretty well and had a great time!!
    Hi Chinacat...loooong time no see!! Good to have you back!

• grandma_bonnie
    13 years ago

How was the show? I had weather in the 80s and 2500 people coming thru so had good sales - only a bit more than last year but that's win for me... Now to get busy making neck coolers for a golf tournament (120) and replace potato bags sold yesterday... Not much standing for me - never had a chance yesterday to sit, but it pays off for me and no voice to speak of...lol

• savacreep
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm still exhausted!! Show went really well. Sold only about $150, but for a Spring Festival which included everything from fire truck rides and kiddie rides and games to local politicians I think it was a good day. Not a ton of crafts but it was basically in my back yard so no travel expenses for sure. Add in the fact that I'm still recovering from a car accident in Nov. and "female" surgery only a week ago, the pain that I'm experiencing right now I did really well, IMO. LOL

Thank God I bought a tent! And thank God the weather held out. They said it was gonna rain all day, it was sunny all day till about 3pm when we all started packing up. Didn't really rain until last night. We lucked out with that one!

Glad everyone's weekend was good! I've got a few weeks till my next show on the 15th of May. Now back to the grind! Have a great week everyone!

• grandma_bonnie
    13 years ago

Good going! Just the act of going out is great! Just don't overdo... Glad the weather held for you. Having a canopy is wonderfu - please make sure to weigh them down or use stakes - I just made a set of weights with 4" PVC pipe and cement with 8" eye bolts - not cheap, but they look nice and besides being out of the way, I feel secure in our windy days. I have a small new show on Mother's Day right in our town with no booth rent and then a three day even at the beach for Memorial Day - I ome home every night, but I am sharing expences with another gal and we'll be car pooling back and forth - made $$$ last year.

• savacreep
    Original Author
    13 years ago

that's the way to do it! Sharing expenses and car pooling is excellent. I'm staying home today and resting and not doing much on purpose! :0) Wishing you luck and lots of sales!

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner