Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

Shades of yellow

oddie
14 years ago

Heres another wreath I made, gonna put this one on my moms grave for Easter, sorry the picture isnt very good, was a ugly rainy day, but you can see the candle light in the middle flower.

Thanks for looking

oddie

Comments (13)

• huggybear_2008
    14 years ago

Oddie this is just so beautiful.. I know your Mother will love it.. Where in the world do you find such pretty flowers.. they are awesome.. Thanks for sharing
    Huggy

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Oddie, that is so beautiful, you certainly did a wonderful job on it. If you leave it at the cemetary, someone will steal it for sure! Sad but true in this day and age. Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you! huggy and luvs, the flowers come from different places, some I had and some from yard sales and some I just paid $1 for at a shop here, not real nice but I can hide them with the nicer flowers and you cant tell, I look for ones with alot of pretty lush leaves you can change the flower so the color doesnt matter and the leaves helps to fill out the wreath.
    luvs Iam afaird someone will steal it, but I will have to take my chances, to be able to put it on my moms grave means so much to me, yes it is so sad you cant decorate a grave anymore, whats happened to people, as a child we were taught to respect a grave,never would have even touched the flowers on someone elses grave, times sure has changed!
    thanks
    oddie

• mariend
    14 years ago

Beatiful wreath. So different from the usual red and pinks.

• donnas_gw
    14 years ago

oddie, that is a beautiful wreath. I love the yellow/white flower combination.

• amberscu
    14 years ago

That is so pretty!! You did a great job!!

It is so sad about theft from cemetaries! Items on my great grandmother's grave lasts for 3-4 days. And, it's in a nice cemetary in a "nice" section of town! Why??? Do you think if places didn't sell the flowers for so much theft would decrease?

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Its lovely!
    kathy

• oddie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you! glad you all liked moms wreath, amberscu, I doult the cost has much to do with the stealing off of graves, those people have no morals, and steal because they can, a couple here was caught makeing the rounds of cemetaries and re saleing what they stole! maybe they needed the money, I would like to believe there was a real reason, other then makeing money and not haveing to work much to do it.
    Thanks
    oddie

• Cheri_C
    14 years ago

Oddie, I love your wreath. Awesome job on it.
    It is so sad to think that people will steal from a grave. How sad.

• honeysuckleridge
    14 years ago

absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! So sorry I missed it before!!

ginger

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Beautiful wreath, the colors are cheerful & the little white balls (like baby breathe) make it warm & soft! Very fitting for your mom!! Jan

• grannyicu
    14 years ago

absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I havaen't been on much. Yellow is my favorite color love this. Oddie

• oddie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you! been busy makeing flowers for Memorial day, hope to sell a few, cant find ribbon in my area, the dollor store use to have lots, even wal-mart doent have much, hate to have to drive miles just for ribbon, but need to finish them.
    thanks for all your kind words,
    oddie

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions