Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

post your april challenge pics here: new growth!

concretenprimroses
10 years ago

Welcome to the April Challenge!
You are challenged to craft a creation in the medium of your choice that relates in some way to the theme:New Growth
Post your pictures and comments in this thread anytime during the month of April.
If this is popular, I (or someone else) will post a May Challenge thread in the last half of April.
Have fun!
Kathy
PS I was hoping someone else would do this (pick theme and start thread). Feel free to jump in for May anyone! And the capital letter refuse to stay in the Subject line so I give up.

Here is a link that might be useful: March Challenge

Comments (11)

• phish_gw
    10 years ago

Assuming we get a good turnout this month, I can pick the May theme! I've just marked it on my calendar!

Meanwhile I'm going to put my thinking cap on and see what I come up with for new growth!

• laurastheme
    10 years ago

I'm really hoping I can get a project done this month and I hope this challenge goes well. I'm moving a little slow. Had knee surgery a month ago and it's not healing very quickly. And last week my husband had a heart attack. I'm a little distracted right now. I hope all you talented people will keep this going until I can jump into the act.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh laura. How is your husband doing? You certainly have a lot on your plate right now.
    Kathy

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

You certainly have reason to be distracted. So Sorry to hear about your knee and your husband. Hope you both heal fast. Prayers to both of you. Take care.

• cheryl_ok
    10 years ago

I also will try to get something together. I've been so busy trying to get my flower beds cleaned and weeded.
    I'm having an outdoor wedding in June and I have so much to do, I just finished my stone walkway...that was a challenge in its own! LOL
    I enjoyed last months post, hope this month is a success also

• sameboat
    10 years ago

Speaking of New Growth... here is my terrarium I put together. I don't know the names of all the plants, but I just love the one on the left. It looks like something from the sea. So I placed some seashells in there and a string of fairy lights. The terrarium is about 24" wide and shaped like a Brandy glass. There is stone at the bottom, then a layer of coffee filters, charcoal and potting soil. The last time I decorated it I placed a silver Christmas ornament in upside down so it looked like a gazing ball. I think I will keep the seaweed theme and add something nautical. Maybe a ceramic fish if I can find one. My iPad only lets me post one pic at a time so I'll post another pic separately.

Again, this month I was planning to make marbleized fabric and then pillows out of the fabric, but still haven't got around to it. I ordered what I need and it's expected to ship Tuesday. So maybe for May's challenge...

• sameboat
    10 years ago

I just thought of something really cool..I need an octopus in there somewhere!

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thats a sweet terrarium Sameboat! I like the sea weed theme. An octopus would be great.
    Brings back memories for me - terrariums in almeden wine bottles were the first thing I ever made and sold (not very well tho lol).
    Kathy

• laurastheme
    9 years ago

I hope this challenge will continue until I can get my act together. Last week I had to have my knee bent 120 degrees to break up scar tissue. I know it's going to get better, but it's so frustrating to have to much going on. My hubby is doing OK. We were told that he has another artery that is blocked and needs a stent. The doc said it was too risky to unblock both of them at the same time. Not sure why. It's been done before. Doesn't let it him slow him down. Still golfing and riding his motorcycle. This was his 6th heart in the last 20 years. I call him 'the man who can't die'.

• sameboat
    9 years ago

Hey everyone, look! It took me this long, but I found an octopus for my seaweed - themed terrarium! Isn't he so cute? Sorry but I couldn't prevent the reflection of my hand in the glass. The pic is right side up on my phone number sideways in the preview. Oh well.

• phish_gw
    9 years ago

Very cute! I love the addition, little cute stuff like that really adds to a project in my opinion.

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County