Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ideas needed

Posted by tralynn (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 5:33

I have been searching all over with no luck. There are five generations of women in my family. I would like to make something for mothers day, but not even sure what I want to make. Have been looking for poems, letters, etc. but still not finding anything pertaing to five generations, ex: great great grandma, great grandma, grandma, mother, daughter, baby girl. Hope you get the idea. Very hard to explain. If anyone has ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ideas needed

There is a website called "the vintage workshop" which has quite a few ideas for things on Mother's Day. You might want to take a peek at that site.

o

How about taking a photo of all the generations together. Have the photo either framed from each woman or printed onto a tote, apron or teeshirt for each?

o

How about copies of the original birth certificates of each person with children's pictures, various stages of growing up, even houses lived it, birthdays holidays and these could be on a single sheet or simple booklets.

o

Here's a partial idea. Find some pretty fabric and make something personal in that fabric to tie each generation together. For instance, the baby might have something small like a decorated bib. The baby's mother could have a tote bag or purse. Someone else could have a case for holding glasses, a scarf, or a decorated shirt.

o

How about a small shadow box frame with pics etc for each or just a large fram with pics etc for each?

o

Have you ever seen those Russian nesting dolls? Most of them have 5 or so different dolls that nest inside each other.

If you are handy with wood crafting, you could create your own. If you don't have enough time before Mother's Day or if, like me, you are not allowed to remain alone in a room with anything sharp that uses electricity (!), you could buy a set already made and re-paint them with the right hair color, glasses, etc., such that you have a doll that represents each generation.

What a joy to have five living generations of women!

Rain

(with one mother, three sisters, two nieces and a pregnant niece-in-law)

Here is a link that might be useful: matryoshka dolls

o

My mom is one of 11 kids and before grandma passed, they made shirts with all their generations on it, got everyone together with the shirts on and took a pic of all of them with the shirts on, then made a framed pic for everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here