Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hutch

Posted by brin2dec (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 1:42

yes I have a large hutch. It was used over a waterbed and I would like to reuse it. The hutch is beautiful. The top has a flat platform with a mirror in the medium, there is also a drop leaf in the center. Can anyone give some creative advice. I would like to use it in my basement area.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hutch

Hi Brin, you are right, the wood on some of those waterbed hutchs is really beautiful. And they are so heavy and often even have pretty glass in them too.

I would imagine that you would need to find a cabinet or table that would fill in the middle section of it. Or you could cut the side sections off and use it on top of a sturdy cabinet base.

You might also try posting your question over on the Trash to Treasure forum, those gals do some amazing transformations.

Luvs

o
RE: hutch

You could put it on top of two same size dressers or cabinets or even file cabinets. Maybe tool chests that have little drawers. If the basement is a room to you, you could find some legs to put on both ends. You could adjust the legs to meet your use. Say short ones so you could put a tv or stereo on top. Or maybe hang it on the wall behind a bar to hold your 'stuff'.

I have torn up a few for the wood. Wish I had kept one that was not as nice and used for a potting area in the side yard. I have metal saw horses that would have supported it and I could have put a sink in the middle open part even. Oh well, have put the wood to good use.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here