Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaksopcam_gw

ideas needed for an ice bucket tub

jaksopcam
14 years ago

I just stumbled upon this forum - I love GW! I was about to wrap a gift for my friend. Its the bucket pictured below filled with some outdoor serving items. I looked at it and wondered if it needed something more.

Anyone have ideas for decorating the metal bucket. It has a green finish. I'm a complete novice but a little artistic and would love to hear any ideas you have.

Thank you.

Comments (4)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Some of the shredded paper inside if you have some might look nice to lift it up. Another idea, if you have some wide ribbon, you could tie a couple of bows on the handles or run it from one to the other and tie it in the middle, like a handle.

Very pretty bucket and the plates match great!

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

If you want it covered so she doesn't know what is in it a piece of brown Kraft paper like you used to use for sending packages at Post Office. Even newspaper pulled around it & gathered at top with twine or ribbon. A tablecloth would be an extra expense unless you could get 1 for 99 cents or $1 at a Dollar store. Black trash bag with tie would take care of the"leftovers" after the fun was over & time to clean up(see, you thought of everything, even the cleanup!!) Neat gift!! Jan

• jaksopcam
    Original Author
    14 years ago

There is also a martini mix you can see in the picture that will go inside as well (I'm expecting to be invited back!). I will definitely fill it with tissue paper or something to lift it up. And great idea for the tablecloth and garbage bag, maybe some napkins from the 99 cent store.

I was specifically looking opinions on whether or not something should or could be painted on the outside, maybe stenciled somehow. Or, should I just leave well enough alone?

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

You could add something to outside but that often limits what colors she would use otherwise. Say that you did stenciling in pink---wouldn't look too good with July 4 red,white & blue colors for napkins & plates ( she could make some firecrackers from toilet paper or foil center tubes & fold paper(gift paper in red, blue, green & white) over 1 end & tape other end bring to almost a point with piece of string hanging out, make some short some taller for festive look that will tie in with the tub. But that green goes with most other colors, could use lighter green to stencil but might not be appropriate for baby shower, wedding shower or whatever. I'd leave it plain I think. Lot of floral napkins have green in them birthdays etc. Halloween would look wonderful with purple, orange & black, Nov. party add colored leaves in oranges, brown & rust around base, Christmas add garland around base or blue or red or gold or silver napkins etc, Valentine's lots of red or pink, St Paddy"s Day go all out with green, Easter lots of pastel or bright colors. That is really a great color for all year!! Think she will love it! Jan

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz