Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Princess Quarter Holder

phonegirl
16 years ago

This is for our grand daughter. I'm sure u would of guessed that when u see it. She is so much fun and I think the only one we'll ever have so pretty special to us. I need to get busy so I'll check back in to see more of all of your projects. U are all so creative that I'm going to spend more time here than I probably should. Hope it's ok to try making some of your projects for my friends.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (4)

• oddie
    16 years ago

What a very clever way to display those quarters, beautfuly crafted and painted!
    grandkids can be such a joy! I have 8 and dont ofen get the one on one I would like to.
    thanks for shareing your project, love seeing them!
    oddie

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

He did such a nice job on this one. Any little girl would love it for her wall--and money too! Luvs

• sharon_fl
    16 years ago

How cute! Only my 5yr old Princess Chloe would be robbing her stash to go buy another pair of SHOES! LOL!
    I am in the midst of refinishing furniture for her "Princess" room I'll be doing this summer in PA. I'm doing the walls in a taupe(ish)color, then in the areas of the stone blocks-the taupe will be the grout color for the blocks which will be done in a wash with shades of cream, pink & beige and lt salmon. I'm only doing parts of each wall in the blocks-just to give the 'suggestion of block walls, but I am making- stone arched windows. Within the windows, I'm painting different scenes from the Cinderella story.
    Bought the prettiest sheer pink material with iridescent dots in the fabric. I'll be making a scarf which will fall from a coronet in the middle of the wall & drape over to the balls on the ends of the headboard...as well as a swag curtain at her window. Found the prettiest star-like Xmas ornaments at Michaels in Dec-in a lavender color to use as tiebacks.
    Using pink acrylic drawer pulls & knobs. Got this adorable lampshade (round but sectioned frame) which I have made a pink lace undershade for it, then will top with a cream lace scalloped shade. Beading for the edges, etc.
    I'm having a ball! Found a cute wodden castle @ Michaels-and purple glittery letters, so will make a door sign that says 'Chloe's Castle'. Also I have an tree stencil I've had for several years..going to place it on her short wall and add pink flowers on the limbs with some of them having hooks on which to hang her collection of purses & hats.
    Nothing's too good for our only granddaughters huh? tee hee

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sharon, Sounds like I could use you in my home with all of your great ideas. Next time I go down to see my GD I'll take a picture of her room. She has a castle bed that is darling. Reading all of your post made me think of her room. When u get done with her room you'll have to post a picture so all of us can ah over it. Sounds fantastic.