Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Princess Quarter Holder

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 16, 08 at 22:39

This is for our grand daughter. I'm sure u would of guessed that when u see it. She is so much fun and I think the only one we'll ever have so pretty special to us. I need to get busy so I'll check back in to see more of all of your projects. U are all so creative that I'm going to spend more time here than I probably should. Hope it's ok to try making some of your projects for my friends.

Here is a link that might be useful: Princess Quarter Holder

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Princess Quarter Holder

What a very clever way to display those quarters, beautfuly crafted and painted!
grandkids can be such a joy! I have 8 and dont ofen get the one on one I would like to.
thanks for shareing your project, love seeing them!
oddie

o

He did such a nice job on this one. Any little girl would love it for her wall--and money too! Luvs

o

How cute! Only my 5yr old Princess Chloe would be robbing her stash to go buy another pair of SHOES! LOL!
I am in the midst of refinishing furniture for her "Princess" room I'll be doing this summer in PA. I'm doing the walls in a taupe(ish)color, then in the areas of the stone blocks-the taupe will be the grout color for the blocks which will be done in a wash with shades of cream, pink & beige and lt salmon. I'm only doing parts of each wall in the blocks-just to give the 'suggestion of block walls, but I am making- stone arched windows. Within the windows, I'm painting different scenes from the Cinderella story.
Bought the prettiest sheer pink material with iridescent dots in the fabric. I'll be making a scarf which will fall from a coronet in the middle of the wall & drape over to the balls on the ends of the headboard...as well as a swag curtain at her window. Found the prettiest star-like Xmas ornaments at Michaels in Dec-in a lavender color to use as tiebacks.
Using pink acrylic drawer pulls & knobs. Got this adorable lampshade (round but sectioned frame) which I have made a pink lace undershade for it, then will top with a cream lace scalloped shade. Beading for the edges, etc.
I'm having a ball! Found a cute wodden castle @ Michaels-and purple glittery letters, so will make a door sign that says 'Chloe's Castle'. Also I have an tree stencil I've had for several years..going to place it on her short wall and add pink flowers on the limbs with some of them having hooks on which to hang her collection of purses & hats.
Nothing's too good for our only granddaughters huh? tee hee

o

Sharon, Sounds like I could use you in my home with all of your great ideas. Next time I go down to see my GD I'll take a picture of her room. She has a castle bed that is darling. Reading all of your post made me think of her room. When u get done with her room you'll have to post a picture so all of us can ah over it. Sounds fantastic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here