Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rusty Kerosene Lantern Make-over

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 22:25

Posting this on all my fave forums...painted the rusty lantern green, printed out a young woman and some wings and added some sugar and spice purties to her...you can make one just like it, check it out on my blog. Make sure you don't glue down too much moss where the glass chimney has to go back on! It won't matter if you use shredded filler for her nest,tho :D Hang tag with a poem is with it,too.
It's on my blog..

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rusty Kerosene Lantern Make-over

OMG kudzu, I just love all the new homes you are giveing to the fairys! dont know how I missed the last post useing a candle holder, you sure are thinking outside of the box, very clever and as always beautiful projects!
TFS
oddie

o

Turned out really cute, Kudzu. Would love a bigger picture. Did you decorate the top with anything?

Read that your DH had to have some surgery. Sure hope all is well and he will soon be fully recovered.

Luvs

o

thanks ya'll! I took some better photos outside this morning, and finished a pink butterfly fairy in a jar. Nothing on the top, Luvs,but I'd love some grapevine tendrils running through the wire holding the glass chimney.
HossFly will be having triple bypass in New Orleans on April 2nd., pre-op is March 31st.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

Kudzu, Your sweet DH will be in my prayers and you also.. Tell HossFly to behave himself in the hospital and not to pinch any of those nurses.. oh heck , let him pinch them if he can.. Kudzu, you do such lovely work and use the most different things.. you remind me of my daughter she does the same things.. takes old things and makes them look nice and new again or gives them a new life as something old..
keep up the good work.. love your little fairies
huggy

o

Really pretty! Turned out great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here