Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring bunny sign

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 17, 09 at 21:18

Finished painting this little sign last night. Not sure if I will put it on a wooden stake or just hang it on my side yard gate. I love bunnies! Luvs

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring bunny sign

lovely

o

omg luvs I sooo love your bunny sign! I would hang it on your gate just to make sure everyone see it, soooo cute!
all the detail, dont know how you do it.
TFS
oddie

o

Thanks Minnie and Oddie, I'm never sure whether I should post a painted item here or just on the Painting gallery, but not everyone looks in there. And it is a craft and for Spring so thought some of you might enjoy seeing it. I think I will hang it on the side yard gate by the driveway so I can enjoy it when we pull in. I didn't put anything about Easter on it, so I can leave it up all Spring.

Luvs

o

Luvs what a great sign. You do lovely work and I always love to see what you have done. I would hang it on the gate so it's sure to be seen all Spring. I'm glad you posted it here.....I don't always get to the gallery as often as I would like.

Nance

o

That is soooo sweet...You done a great job...

o

oh,wow,that is so cute! I sure do envy your talent! I can't paint at all!
kudzu

o

Glad you enjoyed seeing it Nance, Leveta, and Kudzu. It fit my side gate just perfectly and really shows up there. My neighbor loves to see what I will hang on my gate for each season/holiday. Since her driveway is right next to mine, she gets to enjoy it too. Kudzu, we have a mutual admiration for each other then, because I am always thrilled to see all the things you create. And I'm amazed at how quickly you make things. Luvs

o

That is great!I so wish I could paint. It is truly a gift! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us.

o

Barb, I am thankful for being able to do it. I can't even tell you how long I "wanted" to do it before I got up the nerve to take a class. Believe me, if I can learn, anyone can do it! I really should have taken more classes and learned to do more complicated things, but I'm happy with keeping it simple. It can be as simple as just tracing a pattern onto a piece of wood or metal using graphite paper, then filling in the spaces just like coloring in a color book. In fact, color books often have cute patterns to use. If you buy a book with simple designs, it will help you to understand how to add some shading and other details that will make it even better. I really encourage anyone interested to at least give it a try, you might just find that you have a real talent and passion for it! ;o)

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here