Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Craft Store!

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 28, 09 at 20:30

I'm hoping to be in on a new little craft mall/store that's opening up in May.

I sell garden totems (Garden junk forum) and Glass Wall flowers, and other cute little garden thingies. My daughter (9yrs) will make headbands, magnets and other small, inexpensive things.

The owner, who runs the teacher's store next door, appears to want to have some extra rent money. Basic crafts, he doesn't want to mess around with jewelry, expensive things- just crafts that people may want to buy.

Problem is, I don't know how to set up a booth! There will be nothing offered by the store- no peg board, lattice , etc. I'm going to ask for a spot that has a wall.
The size is 4 ft wide, X 3 ft. deep, and 6 feet high. (there may be a foot or more available width)

Thanks for all ideas!

and if you live near West Michigan and are interested in details, let me know!
:)
mj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Craft Store!

Congratulations on your new booth, MJ. I'd say your best bet is something like pegboard or lattice on the wall so you can hang things and maybe a couple of bookshelfs on each side as well. Are your totems on bases or the kind that fit over a rod? If on a rod, then maybe some buckets of sand or rock to support them??? Headbands could be hung, or even looped over a decorated can or other tube shape. If you are looking for inexpensive ideas for decorating your booth, you might look at the Martha Stewart website. There are some instructions for large paper flowers that would be cute hung from the ceiling. They could add some nice color to draw attention to your booth. I'm sure some of the others will have great ideas for you too. Best of luck, Luvs

o

Hi- I just read your post. I live in west michigan and am interested in maybe having a booth. Could you send me the information?

Kas

o

out in CA they have the kiosk in the malls...that is a little cart like booth that you can display your thing on and in. Then lock it up when you are gone. Now it will be according to what size and where he gives you. Others use bookshelves maybe hinged together to hold into a space shape. (maybe put wheels on the bottom) And maybe you can open up and sell from....You can leave it open or close it up. Otherwise, look at how they do the areas at tradesdays or craft fairs for other good ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here