Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painting glassware

Posted by marzbarre (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 24, 07 at 20:14

I did a search and didn't come up with anything on this forum,but I know there's someone who has an answer to this...what kind of paints work the best on glassware? I would like to paint some wineglasses for a friend. I tried some paints before and they came off. I heard that LeFranc paints worked well, but can't find a site where I can buy them. Help! Anyone have success with painting on glassware?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painting glassware

Most craft stores have a section with glass painting paints. I'm sure you can find something there. I can't think of the name of the paint now.

o

Folk Art Enamel paint is a good one to use. When finished you can air dry for 21 days or bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Check the label for directions. Also, I like PermEnamel by Delta. It's a 3 step,conditioner, paint, and glaze.I like it's durability for use inside and outside.You don't bake this one. Plaid makes special brushes to use on glass. They are softer and the paint is easier to apply with those. You can find them with the OneStroke supplies. They have light green handles.

I hope this is helpful. Just ask if you have more questions.Painting on glass is my favorite.

o

Hi Marzbarre, the advice given by Nancelee above is excellent. I would like to add that if you sign up for Joann's Fabric & Craft Store mailing list, you get flyers in the mail about every two weeks which has a 40% off coupon you could use to buy the Donna Dewberry One-Stroke Enamel Paint Brushes or paints. If you sign up to receive their emails online (joanns.com), they email the coupons to you also which you can print out. Joann's doesn't bombard you with emails either, one every couple of weeks or more. You can check out several websites on painting - onestrokepainting.com - quickandeasypainting.com - paintworks.com. Some of these sites give free painting patterns and will also direct you to other sites.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here