Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chenille Bedspread- to cut or not to cut up

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 19:40

I found a nice, chenille, white bedspread, and used oxy to wash it and it cleaned up great-

I don't have a bed to display it on, sooo

the million dollar question is:

do I save it for someday

do I sell it to see if I can make more money than I paid ($7)

or do I start cutting it up for projects? (other ideas out there??!)

Help me decide, please!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chenille Bedspread- to cut or not to cut up

What caused you to buy it? Did it bring something to mind? I suppose you can cut it apart, but I'm always worried about the durability of chenille.

I doubt it's worthwhile trying to sell it...

o

well, I had hoped in five years, one kid off to college, I"d have my bed to display it...

or to cut it up for 'snowballs', or to recover a chair.

o

I got a chenille bedspread for wedding gift 50 years ago, used it for years & years & washed it often & finally put it away,it is still like new. Several years ago ladies out here were making teddy bears with any chenille they could get.. Some dyed it others tea stained it to a nice beige color ,they wear very well. Don't know about "new chenille" but the old ones just never wear out. I think I recently saw some on sale at store. I don't think it "ever goes out of style" for certain decors. If you love the pattern keep It, if you don't then try reselling it. If someone has antiques in a bedroom they would love it. Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here