Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cutting an image from a photo??

Posted by cindytx (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 1, 09 at 19:10

Could someone give me a basic tutorial for cutting a person's head out of one photo and placing it in another application - please?? never done it and don't really know how to begin.

I'm trying to take a friend's head and place it on over the head of a clipart leprechan.

Thank you!!
Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cutting an image from a photo??

not good with how toos, depends on what program you would be useing, can you post the photo here and the clipart, I could save it to my computer and give it a try for you, or maybe someone else could help you,havent used my programs much so it takes me a bit of playing to remenber how I do something.
oddie

o

Thank for offer Oddie, but I have five 6-7 people (photos) I'm hoping to do this to. I have Photoshop CS3 and tonight finally got one face cut out, but with a white background. I need just the face with no background color and can't figure out how to do it.
I'll keep plugging along!

o

sorry Iam not good with photo shop, I think theres a couple people who work with photos who have helped me maybe if I can bump your post back up someone might be able to help you.
oddie

o

Cindy, I have paint shop pro so the language may be different, but you should be able to "select all" which will select around the edge of the whole image (the white background) Then you "invert" the selection and it will select the face in the middle. You can tell that its selected in PSpro cuz a moving dashed line appears around the edge. If there is a selections menu in photo shop play with it. In PSP I can then export the selection with a command in the edit menu. I'm sure photoshop has something very similar tho the words may be a bit different. If you have a manual look under selections. Thre are also photoshop groups (I assume, since ther are tons of PSp groups) with expert in photoshop who would be glad to help you.
Good luck. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here