Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Product to secure' berries' ?

Posted by joyce58 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 23, 09 at 18:49

I have several large ball shapes that are covered with artificial, tiny styrofoam "berries"..I got these on Ebay but they originally came from Smith and Hawkins... Anytime you touch the berries, they fall off and it is quite messy...Can anyone suggest a spray glue or related material I could use on the balls so that those berries stay in place?
I hope I have described the item and problem well enough for someone to suggest something that I can do!
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Product to secure' berries' ?

Gosh I don't have a clue. Only answering cuz I didn't want you to think no one cares aboutyour post!
kathy

o

I have had pretty good luck RE-securing thingys (technical term there), with my low temp glue gun. It is pretty tiny and it's "nose" fits in small spots to glue things.
You could also use a drop of glue on the berry and put it in place with tweezers. HTH

o

By tiny, I'm guessing smaller than bb's.

Glue often eats styrofoam. I'd go to Wal-Mart or one of the craft stores and look in the spray paint section for clear spray paint. Spray the a test ball a section at a time where the paint isn't dripping off, but isn't just a fine mist either. See if that sticks. If nothing else, it might provide enough coating until you could modge podge a layer over it without melting the styrofoam.

o

I'm reading this to see what solutions are offered too. I had bought some candle rings at Christmas and the berries were dropping off like crazy too. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here