Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windchimes for mother's day

Posted by forensicmom (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 4, 11 at 18:04

I run the Sunday School at my church and our kids will be making different crafts for Mother's Day. I like each class to make something different, depending on the age group.

The older class I want to have them make windchimes. REAL windchimes, not the cheap kits. I know I can buy copper or aluminum pipes at Home Depot but does anyone know if I can buy them already cut and drilled? I only have 5 students in this class, so I won't need too many pieces.

I would also like another class to make birdhouses but I've only seen the plain unfinished ones at the craft stores and they don't hold up outside. Any ideas or suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windchimes for mother's day

Check out Amazon or Lowes for the birdhouse kits.

Do you have a Dollar Tree? You could probably buy some ready made wind chimes, disassemble them and just use the chime part for your project. That may sound like it defeats the the purpose, but it would work.

o
RE: Windchimes for mother's day

For wind chimes it may not be the material but the length of each one. I just googled--making wind chimes and before you buy anything do that. It even tells you how to use old silverware and one of the posting tells you how to determine the tones. That is very important.
As to bird houses, you might do the same. Or contact your local Bird Association--Audubon Society, or get some back issues on Birds and Blooms magazines. The simpler the better
Good luck
Marie

o
RE: Windchimes for mother's day'''

Just a thought, before you do these two projects find out from some of the parents if they have the place for them and really want them. Sometimes wind chimes are too noisy for the area etc. I would discuss it with some of the others Some parents don't want bird houses also. That is why alot of the school projects are inside like flower pots etc. note holders, and you can google sunday school projects.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here