Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting mirror frame

Posted by susancnw (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 16, 08 at 17:50

Hi, I have a very cool old black Victorian type wall mirror. Still not sure if I want to paint it black or white, but for now it is white - sorta. I think a black would pop more on the wall and be more of a statement. I plan to mount it longways as opposed to full length. Should I drybrush it with the black so give it an aged appearance?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting mirror frame

I think that would look good. I painted my light fixture in the bathroom black and have gold rub to put on it but haven't taken the time. I painted a black border around the mirror on the wall with gold diamonds in it to match my bedroom decor. I'll post a picture. It made the mirror stand out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting Mirror Frame

o
RE: Painting mirror frame

I just recently found a cool Victorian mirror frame (no mirror) and am painting it a cream color then dry brushing the liquid gold over it. It will be for my grandaughter's "Cinderella" room that I'll be making over this summer in PA. My son is taking a photo of her in her dress-up Cinderella gown & crown, then I'm blowing it up to poster size & placing in the frame.
Your color choice is just a matter of preference. What room is it going to be in? What color wood is featured in your room?

Phonegirl..great mirror!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here