Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
omac_gw

Paper tea cups & saucers

omac
14 years ago

Hope one of you crafters might be able to help with this.

For our annual luncheon we have "tea pot" planters so our theme will be based around that.

I am looking for favors to set at each place setting, about 200 of them, that are in the shape of tea cups & saucers.

I need them to hold candy and nuts.

Does any one know where I can get such things. I don't want to use real cups and saucers as they would cost to much. That's why I would like them in paper, or even plastic.

Thanks

Comments (11)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I Googled "teacup candy party favors" & there are some cute & very expensive teacups. only paper 1 I saw is $25.12 for 12 & they are oval boxes with paper cup on top that you can fill with candy. That would be a lot for 200 people. On another site I saw a teacup place card with the date of the function & name of it imprinted & they were very cute & 82 cents each & you could get nuts cups from party supply shop & hot glue 1 on back of each card. Still a lot of money. Kudzu knows how to find cute stuff online that can be copied off & you might be able to copy off 12-15 to sheet of heavy card stock & just cut them apart & glue them on front of nut cups, I'm sure they would have a fancy teacup for that but you would have to write in their name or the function & date. Hope that helps some. The place cards are at waxwizard.net/favor-index20.html scroll down quite a ways to the place cards. Jan

• TwoMonths
    14 years ago

maybe you could google oragami tea cups.....or buy childrens tea sets at a dollar store. Also maybe use aluminum cup cake liners and add a handle of some sort. Place on a cut circle of silver card stock or foam core. Good Luck.

• jaybird
    14 years ago

there is a way to fold a paper napkin that "creates' a cup and saucer look but without the handle. I will cruise around the internet and see if I can find the directions.

• Adella Bedella
    14 years ago

Here is a cute one that holds a tea bag. Maybe you could wrap the mints and nuts and use it instead. Or you could use a single piece of candy like an Andes Mint or peppermint patty.

http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2009/04/paper-craft-teacup-card.html

• blizlady
    14 years ago

I love that template that adellabedella posted. I think even the tea bag in the cup would be a very appropriate table favor, but you certainly can put some candies in the cup too.

I found this site that had a tea pot template. You certainly wouldn't be able to pop out 200 of these, but maybe they would make great centerpieces and you could make those tea cups in matching paper.

• blizlady
    14 years ago

But if you take a closer look at the tea pot template, it is exactly like a chinese take out carton, but with a spout added on the side. If you wanted to make these tea pots, you can actually purchase chinese take out boxes in different sizes at craft stores like JoAnn's or Michael's. Then all you would have to do is attach the spout template and decorate.

Here is a link that might be useful: paper tea pot template

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

those tea pots made from take out boxes are so cute!
    When I think of making 200 of something tho, I think pastel muffin tin liner or even a small paper cup with a teacup shape like abelladebella's made out of pretty paper glued to it.
    Do you have a friend with a cutting machine? or is there a die cut tea cup or tea pot out there?
    If you live near a scrapbook store they may have a die cut and be willing to cut a bunch out of pretty paper and sell them to you. (Or let you do it for a price).
    I hope you post pictures of what eve ryou do!
    Good luck
    Kathy

• omac
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all your help.
    Blizlady: I think those tea pots out of the chinese takeout boxes are really cute. Maybe I could cut off the flaps and put a handle on the sides.

I saw some tea cups & saucers on etzy.com made from polka dot paper that are really cute, but to expensive.

Maybe I could get one of my crafty friends to see if they can make one to look like that, and then show me how.

How expensive can those really be?

• mariend
    14 years ago

On thing I though of, is to take some nut cups, glue them on a circle and glue a cut out of a tea cup on the side. Not sure how this would work, but somewhere in the back of my mind I have seed this done. You could spray the circle and nut cup the colors you need, or use heavy cardstock from Staples. You might check JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby for additional ideas.

• carolynga
    14 years ago

These are not paper, but are edible....not sure how much $$$$ it would be to make 200, but take a look....they are so stinkin' cute. I have a friend that has a tea room and I think for one of her little princess parties these would be so fun for the girls to "make & take" home as a momento and then eat it!

Here is a link that might be useful: edible teacups

• carolynga
    14 years ago

that link I posted wasn't active, let me try again. So sorry

Here is a link that might be useful: active link for teacup