Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
photo of my faux sugar easter egg wreath

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 07 at 16:08

thought you might like to see my wreath, I used diamond dust on the eggs as the sugar, and stufed all the holes between the eggs with a sparkle filler ,saw that idea on another fourn where the crafter used the green easter grass.
what do you think? did I get carried away with the filler and diamond dust?
Happy Crafting
Oddie

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: photo of my faux sugar easter egg wreath

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

It's Gorgeous Oddie, really beautiful. No, you didn't use too much of either the Diamond Dust or the filler, it's perfect, along with the perfect bow. Excellent job my friend.

Sal

o

I think it is beautiful. Very colorful and very tastefully done. I would be very proud to have one.

o

It is beautiful, Oddie. The ribbon is perfect! Great job, thank you for posting that pic!

o

That turned out really nice Oddie. That filler is perfect with it, and you did a great job on the bow. Are those the pull apart eggs, or did you find solid ones? Is it on a styrofoam base? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL Luvs

o

I like it I like it!!

o

Oddie, Awesome job!!! I love it. I agree, you did a great job on it!!!

o

Thank you! glad you liked it!
Luvs I used 2 lg circle cut from a pizza box, glued together for strength, the eggs are the pull apart and had small holes I tried to cover, got them at the junk store, two lg bags for $1 so had to try, I bet some dimensional paint would look cute on the eggs ,little dots with different lines, alot of time but so cute.
I did the dimond dust after I glued the eggs in place, didnt want to waste it incase it didnt look good, and didnt have to cover the whole egg.
you guys made me laugh about the ribbon, it gave me fits!
Thanks agine!
Oddie

o

It's really delightful, Oddie. Extremely HAPPY looking, everything I think of when I think of an Easter Spring wreath.

--Jenn

o

Beautiful!!! But what is diamond dust and where can it be purchased?

o

I love it!

o

Thank you! glad you liked it ,zshopper here is a link for info on diamond dust, I am sure you can get it at hobby lobby or most craft stores.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thecraftplace.com/store/images/products/diamond_dust_sml.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thecraftplace.com/store/moreinfo.cfm%3FProduct_ID%3D257&h=205&w=185&sz=31&hl=en&start=12&tbnid=43F-figIKnqcfM:&tbnh=105&tbnw=95&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddiamond%2Bdust%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dopera%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN

Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

WOW.. Your wreath is just beautiful. Great job..

o

Oddie, That is so pretty!

o

Oh..I love your wreath Oddie.
You can come over and hang it on my door anytime. :)

o

Thank you! glad you liked it, had tried makeing one years ago but could not get the eggs on to where it looked nice, the grass makes all the difference, so I give credit to who ever came up with that idea!
Jackie and cheri havent seen any post from you guys in awhile, always love seeing your crafts!
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

I love it. Thank you for sharing your picture.

o

That is beautiful!

o

I love, love, love that!!! I have a wreath like that..with the eggs, gonna do the diamond dust on it. Thank you.

Be Safe, Rach

o

Thanks agine! I had thought of adding a washcloth bunny head ,have seen a few wreaths with the bunnies, and they are cute! also you could fill the holes with some kind of small flowers, just a few ideas to pass on. please post photos of your wreath chickencollecter and anyone else who makes one, love seeing them.
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

oddie, I did the one with the green easter grass...and the bright colored eggs various sizes, used a straw wreath and hot glued everything, need to get it out now...I like yours too with the pastels,

o

cute...did you glue the eggs to the cardboard?

i have the "Trash to Treasure" books and they squash empty soda cans so that the top meets the bottom, they paint them white and add rabbit ears and stuff..they are cute.

o

I think it is beautiful! Just the right amount of everything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here