Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miniatures source?

Posted by gracie01 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 6, 09 at 14:59

Hi all, I usually post on other forums on GW, but I have a question for crafters. I bought a birdhouse to paint & I am looking for miniatures to add to it: trees, flowers, etc. I couldn't find anything small enough at Michaels; any other sources? (also, not too pricey). TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miniatures source?

maybe try the dollar stores, saw some bird nest that were small at the dollar tree last week, you could always cut flowers down,pine cones and moss would look nice if doing a country style, cut a small peice of fake pine for a tree, or use a small branch off of something out doors,you can paint them also
just a few ideas, hopefully someone else will have ideas for you.
Happy Crafting!
oddie

o

Big Lots had a bunch of inexpensive scrapbooking supplies. I got a mini Kitty there and some cute flowers that were supposed to be hair pins. Scrapping has mini metal things, but often they are pricey at scrapbook stores. Cheap jewelry from tnrift stores is another source. I look for flowers cuz that's what I want right now, but you see trees birds and seashells on pendants and earrings fairly often. I don't know where you are but its too wintery here for yard sales, but if you nave them look at scrapbooking supplies and jewelry there. I got a little glass tree pin at a stained glass store for $1, they had little flowers and flags and some other stuff too.
good luck, and post a pic for us when you are done!
kathy

o

Google miniatures for scale dollhouses, gardens, railroads etc, there's lots out there!

o

Thanks everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here