Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tote bag makeover

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 17, 10 at 14:13

Hi,
Here is a picture of a totebag that I changed the look of adding flowers, zipper, cellphone pocket, new handles and stenciled initials (mine).
I'm pleased with how it turned out, ready for me to take thrift store shopping on foot in Pasadena when I'm there in April.
You can look at my blog post for more details including a before picture.
Kathy
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Kathys blog post about totebag makeover

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tote bag makeover

Very nice & handy with the pocket!! I made a tote once, I liked the 1 another lady had & it was simple so I thought it would be great for carrying around a crochet project instead of the doubled plastic bag I usually carried. Made it with a heavy cloth(kind of like kettle cloth) floral on outside solid inside with 2 long dowels that went through the tops with wooden knobs on ends. I found it very useful & started taking it to park while my kids were swimming I'd go out & find a tree to sit under & crochet. I hear 2 guys discussing taking a purse & I glanced up & noticed I was only 1 around, I spread my crochet work out so I could slip my wallet into the crochet bag, gathered up my stuff while looking at my watch & saying out loud,Oh no, we're late! & walked fast to fence & yelled for my kids to come right now we are late!!! So we left & then I told them that other people had left & I hadn't noticed until I heard someone was going to be robbed & realized it was me. Yr. Elvis died & my FIL had died right before that so I wasn't as alert as I should have been. That tote sure came in handy tho, they would have gotten a surprise if they had taken my purse. Oh I like the flowers you put on it & initials, very designer looking! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here