Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corrugated plastic sheet?

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 07 at 14:06

What is this called? I'm not sure of the name or where to buy it. There is a type of plastic that has a corrugated inside like corrugated cardboard, and 2 smooth surfaces on the outside. Ikea uses it in some of their furniture, like to make translucent "windows" in a cabinet. Ive also seen it used to make semi-rigid file boxes. It's very rigid and lightweight. Like foam core but all plastic, no foam inside. It can be scored and folded easily. Does anyone know what this stuff is, or where to buy it?

Im not sure where to post this, so Im trying several places in hopes someone has used it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corrugated plastic sheet?

Linnea, type "corrugated plastic sheets" into your web browser line - several websites come up that you can check out.

Sal

o

You might look at Lowe's or Home Depot. I've seen things similar to that in those places.

o

It is called "Coroply". I used to work in a print shop and we also made signs. I think we ordered ours from a place called sign crafters. It comes in all sorts of colors and sizes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here