Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
patterns for Fortescuegal

Posted by huggybear_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 31, 09 at 14:03

I will look for my pattern for the lawn geese clothes, but in the mean time.. since summer is coming and if you are interested in the bathing suit one.. the top is a tube of fabric and I took a styrofoam ball and cut in half and each half is one side of the bra type top.. I then inserted them in the tube of fabric and stitched in between them to create the top you can tie it in the back and add a strap to the top at the neck.. you can add lace or ruffels or what ever you want.. the bottom is also a long piece of fabric with elestic inserted in a casting and also lace or ruffles added to the bottom. of the skirt of the bathing suit.. I then added a bow for the top or a straw hat.. and sun glasses.. cost aprox. $1.00 to make.
the dresses are just sorta cone shapes turned upside down and the point of the cone cut off so it will make the neck line and you can add collars or lace or what ever you want to make it look different. the hats are just little hats I found at a craft store and covered them with fabric to match the dress. or I just adde straw hats or bows..
Huggy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: patterns for Fortescuegal

just bumping this down

o

Thanks minnie
Huggy

o

Does any one know where to get a replacement goose?
Years ago I got mine from Lane Bryant catalog. My son broke
her neck by picking her up to smush a spider. I tried to fix her, but she has a hole in her one wing that all of her clothes do not cover.

Thanks for the help in advance. My goose looks like Huggies, she is made of resin not cement.

o

mad about mickey... you can try some of the flea markets or yard ornament type places.. I know they have them at one of the flea markets that I go to up in Ohio.. I think I bought mine years ago for about $10.00.. I use to use a plastic one for my model cause the concret one was way to heavy to be picking up and trying on close.. infact the one in all my pictures is the plastic one..and my concret one also has bit the dust by being knocked over and the neck breaking.. but I know there is a yard ornament place in Ohio that sells all kinds of items like bird baths, frogs, etc.. also check out some of your flower shops..that sell mulch, soil and yard items.. hope this helps..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here