Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lawn geese patterns

Posted by fortescuegal (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 7, 06 at 13:43

I am looking for patterns for the cement lawn goose that you dress for the holidays. Does anyone have any idea where to find these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lawn geese patterns

Google lawn geese pattern. I didn't find any free patterns, but there were a few threads out there. Someone said that one of the pattern companies made a couple of patterns and people now sell them on EBay.

I think it would be really easy to make your own. You just need a seasonal cape with a strap for tying and a small hat to fit the occassion.

o

Hi There, I didn't find anything free, but have purchased absolutely darling ones from here:

Granny Mary
http://www.grannymary.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Lawn Goose Designs

o

I didn't know they sold those lawn geese, Granny Mary! The only birds I knew about were plastic flamingos!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastic Flamingos

o

I use to make lawn geese clothes all the time.. here are a few samPhotobucketples I will see if I can find my pattern some where

o

I have often thought about dressing one of my ceramic geese. But the other day at a TS I found a goose. I saw it across the building. It has on Pilgrim type shoes with the silver buckles. As I get close I see it is a mandrake (bump above the bill). So now I have one that is more upright than my others and how will I dress him. Any suggestions.

o

I can't remember where I got them from, or find the ones I have right now, but I have crochet patterns for several different outfits for mine. The sewing pattern companies (Simplicity, McCalls & Butterick) used to have them, don't know if they still do. Mostly, I find fabric I like, buy 1/2 yard, sew short sides together, hem one edge, and make an elastic casing on the other. If I remember, 9" peice of elastic worked great, 1/4" wide. I had a bonnet pattern, too. Or a large circle of fabric with elastic stitched about 2" in from edge and stuffed with fiberfill. Makes a simple "girl" goose outfit.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here