Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garland and Wreath Made out of Marshmallow Peeps

Posted by thrift_shop_romantic (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 07 at 12:31

Hey there-
Well, I am aware it's pretty kooky. But it was fun, and awfully cute in a strange, eccentric way. I made a garland for my dining room, and a wreath for my kitchen, out of varnished Marshmallow Peeps.

If you'd like to see how it all turned out, you can view the projects here:

http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/The_Thrift_Shop_Romantic/Peep_Project.html

Craft happy!
-Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garland and Wreath Made out of Marshmallow Peeps

Jenn, Thanks for the link I love the garlands too and the peeps in the egg cups

o

Those are just darling!! What a really cute idea!!! Love the garland.... love all of it!!

o

Jenn, love all the peeps! they are soooo cute! was wondering how they turned out, just goes to show you nothing is safe in the crafting world LOL!
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

Glad you gals can see her talent, the pics were blacked out when I got there. Sounded interesting too.

o

Hi, Shaddy-- There aren't actually embedded pics, it's just a link. I'll try posting the link at the bottom of this post.

Minnie, Coppertop and Oddie, thanks! Oddie, you're always so supportive-- much appreciated.

--Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: The Peep Project

o

I wonder how long the peeps will keep?? My Valentine cookies (from last year) kept great all year remember I used them again this year .

o

Oh, Minnie, I missed the thing on your Valentine cookies-- is there a link lurking around here yet regarding that? Would be fun to see.

I, too, have absolutely no idea how they'll hold up. I don't know whether the varnish will yellow them at all, or whether they'll either go really hard or get squishy. Time will tell, I guess. :-)

o

Great ideas! Best use I've ever seen for them. I wouldn't put money on it, but somehow I think peeps last forever!

Be Safe, Rach

o

Well - that certainly is ........ different ! Who am I to laugh at weird stuff - I've made Christmas wreaths with stuffed pigs and one with empty shotgun shells .... yep ...
us crafters can be REALLLLLY Different ! LOL

o

came back to look at the garland again. I got some peeps at Michael's tday and some very small decorated eggs on wires thatwere 40& off. I think I have enough to make a garland!!
thanks for the inspiration.

o

Ha-- Yay! Please post pics when you're done. How fun!

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here