Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

Thinking Spring!

oddie
16 years ago

Heres my newest creation,useing the middle size paper mache oval box, and you know I love to use the candle lights, have two reasons for shareing with you, # one is I so love shareing my creations with you all! # 2 is I have opened a shop on etsy and would like some feedback on this light and my photos, any ideas to inprove would so be welcomed, havent listed this yet, wanted to hear from you all frist! these are the photo I will be useing.

Thanks for looking!

oddie

# 2

# 3

Comments (14)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Good for you Oddie, finally people can buy your pretty creations--and give you more money to buy even more supplies to create more pretty things!

This is a really pretty candle box. I immediately thought how perfect it would be for a wedding too. I could see it on the table next to the guestbook, can't you? And it will go really well with all the romantic rooms so many love to create now.

Be sure and tell us how we can find you on Etsy. Hope your creations sell as fast as you make them. ;o)

Luvs

• imjustsam
    16 years ago

I agree, I thought wedding right away. The lighting makes it look very romantic. I like it a lot.

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, Luvs and imjustsam, wasnt sure if I could post my shop, but here it is oddie3.etsy.com not sure if I will sell anything but I have gotton quite a few views, and its exciteing to know my crafts are being seen all over the world! even if I never sell a thing, have only a couple iteams in my shop right now, need to get busy, did sell my bunnie box light, but not on etsy.
    your wedding idea sounds great will use it when listing my light if you dont mind.
    Thanks
    oddie

• posieh
    16 years ago

You are indeed talented and your creations seem to get nicer and more lovely. I have a Granddaughter who just got engaged. Not sure if there is going to be a Engagement Party or not, but this arrangement would be beautiful!

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you posieh! what a nice thing to say! I did list it under wedding on etsy, still learning where to post them there, so much to learn, and soo appreciate any help! dont know why the photo shows the box as seeing that much yellow, you see more of the white, must have did something worng!
    Congratulation's on your GDs engagement! I am sure its such a happy time for you and your family!
    oddie

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1475586}}

• grdngrl_7va
    16 years ago

Oddie,
    Beautiful! Please share your Etsy store name with us. Also, I would be very happy to help you with setting it up, helping you out, etc. I do this for another friend of mine and she is doing well there. I opened a store last year but life got in the way and now I am just a buyer, not a seller. Just email me if you'd like help:
    ano0706@yahoo.com
    Please put Oddie in the subject line so I know it's not junk mail!

Best of luck!
    Annie

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

Oh Oddie, I just love your lamp box. Best wishes on etsy with your shop. You do such wonderful work. I've been getting into making those lamp boxes myself.

• shysue
    16 years ago

What a beautiful candle box! Do you do your own silicone bulbs? Good luck with Etsy and let us know how it goes.

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Annie Thank you, I will e-mail you on monday dont get much time on the weekend to use the coumputer, I did post what I thought was my etsy store adddress, my store name is ( Unique Creations made with love) maybe you could take a look a see what I might do to inprove, if you dont mind, Thanks agine!
    Cheri, thank you, you do such beautiful candle boxs, I love your style and the colors you use, you are a wonderful crafter yourself!
    shysue, thank you, no I dont do my own bulbs, I did try but gosh such a mess and mine did not look good! have you seen the scented ones? heres a link to some, sounds like a cool idea! wonder if we could make these.
    oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: scented candle bulbs

• phonegirl
    16 years ago

Stunning to say the least. You are one creative lady and it sounds like others will be enjoying your talent. Hope your business is a success. Keep us posted and GOOD Luck.

• grdngrl_7va
    16 years ago

Oddie!
    You have mail!

• sharon_fl
    16 years ago

Oddie..these are awesome! Besides weddings-what a great gift for a Hostess gift, house warming, Valentines, child's themed nightlight, etc. Just by adding a special adornment (beaded heart for Valentines, a tiny figuerine, Xmas ornament, etc) & this stunner is truly an all occasion gift! Justa' thought...by making a larger box & placing one of those acrylic or ceramic hands (that is a ring holder?)amongst the arrangement. How cool for a man who is going to propose to his gal, by placing the diamond ring on the finger of the ring holder, then placing the box on a romantic dinner table! The candle would make his diamond sparkle even more!

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! glad you all liked the candle box,and thanks so much for the ideas, sounds like everyone is thinking wedding type of decorations when they see it, Wow sharon_fl you must be a real romantic person to come up with all of this! my brain was thinking spring! and the fact that a splash of yellows goes in most all rooms, just goes to show you alot of heads are better then one!
    Grdngrl_7va, has been so nice helping me with my store! so much to learn! hope she dont lose patience with me, Iam a slow learner! would rather be crafting, but cant have all fun without the work if I expect to sell anything LOL!
    Thanks agine
    oddie