Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jar fairies, what fun to make

Posted by girlsingardens (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 07 at 10:47

Hello all,

Been lurking and this is the first time that i have posted a pic of something I have made. I got the idea from another forum and thought that it was so cute. My aunts and mom all had their pics taken when they were babies and I used the baby pics to make the bodies of the fairies. These were really easy to make and I think are so unique. I have seen them really fancied up, but living in the middle on nowhere I don't have a craft store near so used the things that I had stashed away in the basement.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hope that you enjoy the pics, let me know if you have any questions about these or how they are made. I know that there are different methods but can tell you about mine:)

Stacie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jar fairies, what fun to make

You made me smile, Stacie-- Those little grinning faces along with the applied wings and crowns should be a real kick for your recipients!

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o

Thanks Jenn,

They are fun. You can't see but I put glue on parts of the wings and a glass glitter on them so they sparkle a bit too. I have seen them done up with lots of extras on them, but I just went with what I had at home, no craft store within 60 miles one way:)

Stacie

o

Yikes, I think I would suffer from craft supply withdrawal, if I had to go 60 miles to a Michaels! (Hands trembling a little... nervous twitches...) :-)

Well, it doesn't look like you just used what you had on hand-- the wings and lid covers are color-coordinated, etc. And the sparkles on the wings are visible in the photos.

I've seen these done with figures made of Sculpy before, but not photographs.

Hey, have a great weekend,
Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o

Welcome to the forum Stacie, I hope you will stay out of lurkdom and join in all the daily fun in this forum. Those jars are really cute, I bet your Mom and Aunts will just love them.

Sal

o

Welcome Stacie! love your fairies they are Sooo cute! makes you smile! will be a nice gift.
Thanks for shareing
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

Hi Stacie and Welcome to the forum!!!
Those jars are so cute. And what cute gifts they will be.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Cheri

o

Those are adorable, great idea.

o

How sweet and original and how inspiring!! Welcome

o

I love this idea! I think I will make one for each of the grandkids. Well for me to display though! Thanks for sharing. I love this site. :) 'Jackie

o

I haven't checked in here in ages...glad I did tonight! These are perfect for Mother's Day gifts! I have 3 baby girls in my daycare and I think I'll do these for their mommies! Very cute!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here