Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of glue will glue styrofoam ?

Posted by Toomuchglass (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 8, 05 at 10:45

Styrofoam to styrofoam ? It doesn't have to be permanent - just so it hold layers of it together while I'm working on it. Tacky glue ? E-6000 ? It's been so long since I worked with the Sfoam - I can't remember !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of glue will glue styrofoam ?

:) spray adhesive seems to work just fine for me.

works on styro and the pink insullation foam as well.

spray both sides, and slap together.

o

Great ! I Have a can of it that I never used yet !!!
Thanks !!

o

Try this site

www.thistothat.com

It's a site about glueing.

o

hi , first time posting here , I spend as much time with this stuff as anything i will be here more often.
I actually glue foam for a living sort of we use white styro. blocks and wedges and back pads for lg. crates to pack windshields in .and I have tryed for yrs. to think of anything I could do with it at home .and hot glue is what is best the tacky spray works also but you need to watch it because some glues just melt styro. anythin solvent based, the glue machine was broke once and I used liquid nails oppps ate right through it while it was supporting a few 100 lbs of glass .
but a good shot of hot glue and stick 2 pcs togetherwait a few and your done . I know places that are in every metro area coast to coast that are probably overflowing in material like this and all you would have to do is ask .
Rick

o

WOW--and here I Have to go BUY my styrofoam. :-( And it's not cheap either !!!!

o

Speaking of styrofoam, have you noticed the cute things they have been making out of styrofoam, decorative paper, silk flowers and reindeer moss? In the new issue of Country Marketplace and Crafts'n Things magazine there are some cute things to make. Sorry I got off the subject of glue.

o

If you're just looking for a temporary hold, why not use toothpicks? They work just fine.

o

Just checked my craft closet and I have a small jar of Aleene' Foamtasic --foam glue.. It says it is ideal for foam and foam projects. BUT< it does not say what kind of foam> Guess you could go to Aleene's web site.

o

Straight from the Source at Dow Chemical, manufacturer of Styrofoam(tm)

White Glue....

For this and other craft tips for foam:

http://craft.dow.com/about/tips.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Dow Chemical, manufacturer of Styrofoam(tm)

o

What kind of glue will glue styrofoam to exterior plywood? Should be cheep, easy applied to the surface by painting roller, and weather resistant.
Thank you.

o

have you guys heard of elfi? or samadbond? they work pretty well

o
the best way to glue styrofoam

My name is James, I do Fiberglass Fabrication. The plug molds we use are made from Styrofoam, which are cast in fiberglass for a master mold. The foam needs to be glued and glued securely for it will be cut by hand or on a CNC machine.

The only adhesion that works and is permanent is:
“Glidden Gripper” it’s a white paint primer!

This bonds the panels together so strong, it can not be taken apart. Makes a tool’able & sand’able adhesion.
No melting

This is the only foam glue needed for any application, unless you need it to come apart

Not so good is “Great Stuff” if you need a foam bead around the outside of your work, but messy and not cost effective , it has an short open shelf life

I have been working with foam boards, pour foam, closed cel foam for some time

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here