Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

What kind of glue will glue styrofoam ?

toomuchglass
19 years ago

Styrofoam to styrofoam ? It doesn't have to be permanent - just so it hold layers of it together while I'm working on it. Tacky glue ? E-6000 ? It's been so long since I worked with the Sfoam - I can't remember !

Comments (14)

• Ina Plassa_travis
    19 years ago

:) spray adhesive seems to work just fine for me.

works on styro and the pink insullation foam as well.

spray both sides, and slap together.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Great ! I Have a can of it that I never used yet !!!
    Thanks !!

• nonacook
    19 years ago

Try this site

www.thistothat.com

It's a site about glueing.

• wichitarick
    19 years ago

hi , first time posting here , I spend as much time with this stuff as anything i will be here more often.
    I actually glue foam for a living sort of we use white styro. blocks and wedges and back pads for lg. crates to pack windshields in .and I have tryed for yrs. to think of anything I could do with it at home .and hot glue is what is best the tacky spray works also but you need to watch it because some glues just melt styro. anythin solvent based, the glue machine was broke once and I used liquid nails oppps ate right through it while it was supporting a few 100 lbs of glass .
    but a good shot of hot glue and stick 2 pcs togetherwait a few and your done . I know places that are in every metro area coast to coast that are probably overflowing in material like this and all you would have to do is ask .
    Rick

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    19 years ago

WOW--and here I Have to go BUY my styrofoam. :-( And it's not cheap either !!!!

• Cheri_C
    19 years ago

Speaking of styrofoam, have you noticed the cute things they have been making out of styrofoam, decorative paper, silk flowers and reindeer moss? In the new issue of Country Marketplace and Crafts'n Things magazine there are some cute things to make. Sorry I got off the subject of glue.

• tioga
    19 years ago

If you're just looking for a temporary hold, why not use toothpicks? They work just fine.

• mariend
    19 years ago

Just checked my craft closet and I have a small jar of Aleene' Foamtasic --foam glue.. It says it is ideal for foam and foam projects. BUT Guess you could go to Aleene's web site.

• rwcrocker_pacbell_net
    15 years ago

Straight from the Source at Dow Chemical, manufacturer of Styrofoam(tm)

White Glue....

For this and other craft tips for foam:

http://craft.dow.com/about/tips.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Dow Chemical, manufacturer of Styrofoam(tm)

• acraftsman
    14 years ago

What kind of glue will glue styrofoam to exterior plywood? Should be cheep, easy applied to the surface by painting roller, and weather resistant.
    Thank you.

• tinfpoil_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

have you guys heard of elfi? or samadbond? they work pretty well

• Fiberglass-Fab
    10 years ago

My name is James, I do Fiberglass Fabrication. The plug molds we use are made from Styrofoam, which are cast in fiberglass for a master mold. The foam needs to be glued and glued securely for it will be cut by hand or on a CNC machine.

The only adhesion that works and is permanent is:
    âÂÂGlidden Gripperâ itâÂÂs a white paint primer!

This bonds the panels together so strong, it can not be taken apart. Makes a toolâÂÂable & sandâÂÂable adhesion.
    No melting

This is the only foam glue needed for any application, unless you need it to come apart

Not so good is âÂÂGreat Stuffâ if you need a foam bead around the outside of your work, but messy and not cost effective , it has an short open shelf life

I have been working with foam boards, pour foam, closed cel foam for some time

• Ericka Lynch
    3 years ago

I am using Gorilla Original glue for sticking styrofoam. It is good to stick styrofoam to styrofoam or styrofoam to other objects. It is a white glue that can not leave the spot after drying it.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz