Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

glass cigar holder, what to do with them

oddie
17 years ago

Have a few of these and was wondering what you all use them for? would love to hear any ideas, photo would be nice also

Happy Crafting

Oddie

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Oddie, I bumped up another post where someone on here was looking for them. Maybe you can get some ideas from that post. Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks luvs, I did read that post, and saw where they were used in altered art and just wonder how they were used, doesnt tell in the post, it was mostly where to get them,I have never seen a craft where they were used and nothing comes up on a search
    Happy crafting
    oddie

• ggks
    17 years ago

Oddie, that was me looking for some glass cigar holders. Tell me how to get in touch with you. I use them to hold crochet hooks. There are also plastic cigar holders and they would work but I don't have any of those either. I am afraid to send my email number. ggks

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ggks, sorry I wanst wanting to get rid of the ones I have, I was just wanting to know what kind of crafting people do with the cigar holders.
    oddie

• carmelita1
    17 years ago

GGKS,
    Me again...I have some of those holders tht I can still share, but hard to do with no email to address a note to
    to :O)

Oddie, I knew a fellow that did beautiful woodworking and he used to make different designs out of really nice hardwoods with a base and holes cut out where you could slide the tubes in and use it as a bud vase. The most beautiful one I had seen was the musical sign - treble cleft? (looks like a dollar bill sign, you'd never think I took piano lessons for years and years ).

Maybe you could make one to hang and wrap wire around it like they do with marbles etc.

Carmen

• ggks
    17 years ago

I do not know how to post to someone so that we can correspond. ggks

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ggks,I would post a new post for carmelita1, she seems to be the person who has extra cigar holders that she might part with, she can go to your page and email you, its not set up on her page for you to e-mail her, dont know why some are and some arent, just in case she doent read this post agine, that how I would try it.
    carmelita1 thank you so much for the ideas, I have seem bottle of different sorts used this way,but never thought about useing the cigar holders in that way, thanks agine.
    Happy crafting
    oddie

• carmelita1
    17 years ago

Thanks for posting Oddie and you're welcome for the ideas.

GGKS, I went to your page and emailed you. It has been so long since I have posted anything here that I forgot about going to a crafters page. Hope you see this post!

Carmen