Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pic of scarf I made from fun fur

Posted by huggybear_2008 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 1, 09 at 9:44

Here is one of the poplar scarfs they make from fun fur..Little hard to work with but so cute when all done. most girls wear them not so much for warmth, but for fashion. crochet scarf from fun fur yarn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pic of scarf I made from fun fur

Very cute! These yarns are a little hard to work with , but add so much interest.
I have a scarf that I crocheted in the 1970s that I haven't worn for quite a while. This year I updated it by adding an edge of "eyelash" yarn and now I'm wearing it again and getting lots of compliments. Its really what it needed all these decades, lol.
kathy

o

I see lots of people and the fashion scarves are the rage this year! I made some with regular yarn and fun fur conbined - much easier to do. It's done doing finger weaving - I'll find the site that teches it - very fun and easy to do - I can make a 5 foot skinny scarf in 20 minutes and the girls love them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LKAlDz9ig&feature=related
Learn with one strand of regular yarn and it's east to switch to the two strands...

Here is a link that might be useful: finger weaving video

o

GrandmaBonnie, I agree with you working with a strand of regular yarn and the fun fur makes it easier to crochet..or knit.. I learned that the hard way...LOL.. I thought my eye would bug out trying to see my stitches...all the yarn my friend sent me from Florida is the fun fur or fun yarn.. looking forward to making scarfs with it.. I could not believe the price of this yarn.. and someone gave it to her.. man o man.. one skin was $12.50 each.. so I will be very careful what I make with it.. LOL
by the way.. Grandmabonnie good to see you back on your feet and I hope you are feeling better..

o

Very nice and congratulations for even working with tha yarn. I find I just can't do it.

o

Minnie , if you put a strand of regular yarn with it ..it is easier to work with, if you do not.. one good thing about this yarn..is your mistakes surely do not show...LOL I am sure I made several on this scarf.. but they do not show..
Huggy

o

Very pretty huggys, thats one craft I can not do, keep up the beautiful projects! love seeing them
oddie

o

Thanks, sweetie - Out and about... After all the mess I had, it just stays around - I have to make sure to not overdo so it gets bad again. My DD is getting elective surgery at the end of the month so I am really trying hasrd to get rid of it - don't want her surgery postponed... She has always wanted a b**b job and she is finally getting her wish. I think she is silly, but she has it paid for and wants it will all her might.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here