Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenni_ca

These are fun

jenni_ca
16 years ago

I have been making these layered felt flowers that go on Crocs. They have been a big hit. The flowers are cut out on a machine so they have nice even edges.

My dh, who hates crocs and says they are the ugliest shoe he has ever seen, actually said they look cute with the flowers on them.

Comments (10)

• oddie
    16 years ago

Sooo cute! Love the crocs for young girls, and your cute flowers would sure be a wonderful addition to them!
    have you seen the cute button pins? I think they would be cute on the shoes also, gonna make a few but didnt know how to attach to the shoes, care to share how you do that?
    TFS!
    oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: cute button flowers

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

I've never had Crocs so have what is prbably a dumb question. How do you attach the flowers to the shoes? (BTW they are really cute)

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

I too hate Crocs,sorry. I'm sure your flowers really doll them up!!
    I know these would be adorable on little girls hair clips. I know I would buy them for my grand. Great job!!

ginger

Here is a link that might be useful: Crocs

• jenni_ca
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ginger I make them as hairclips and the little girls love them! I put them on covered snap clips. Here are some I made.

You would be surprised how much different crocs look with the flowers on them.
    Here is a picture of the back of one.

• FlamingO in AR
    16 years ago

I can vouch for these! Jenni sent me some for my Mom's crocs and she is getting so much attention from them. They look super cute, too.

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

I don't wear the Crocs but will say, these are really cute. Good job!

Sal

• iowagirl2006
    16 years ago

You do such nice work! Those are cute.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Jenni, your croc flowers and hair clips look so neatly done. I sure don't think I could cut them out that neatly with scissors. You must have a punch or something that cuts them so nicely. I don't wear crocs, but have friends who do and a little GD who would be so cute in the hair clips--do you sell on etsy or ebay?

Oddie, I loved those button flowers too. I've never seen them before, but what a cute idea. Another great thing to put on hair barrettes I think. Now I need to go to Michael's this week! LOL

Luvs

• jenni_ca
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, yes I do sell them. You can email me at jennimcqueen@comcast.net if you want.
    I cut all the flowers with a cuttlebug machine. It's not cheap at $80 but I do use it alot.
    There are lots of different dies for it so you don't just have to just cut flowers.
    I could never cut those flowers by hand.
    I do also sell the cut out flowers to people who want to put together their own layered flowers.

• chery2
    15 years ago

These look so much like Paula Deen's felt Christmas napkin rings I made for Easter. Each one has three felt pieces: one shaped like a long bone; another like a star; a third like a 4-petal flower. Cut out all 3 pieces; cut a small slit in middle of blossom piece; fold bone piece in half length-wise and slip bone top through slit; cut small slit in star shape and insert bottom of bone piece through it. Voile!
    Sorry I don't know how to show pictures. I made one for all eight of us, inserting a cloth napkin through the loop. They were such a hit w/ my 4-yr. old GD, she took every one apart and laid all the pieces neatly on the couch. Luckily, they were easy to put back together. . .
    chery2

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource