Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kid's craft- thanks to my daughter

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 29, 09 at 9:37

I don't know what to call them, but I hope it hasn't been discussed recently!

She suggested to take an empty water bottle, fill it with rice or sand- we need to try both, and put inside all sorts of little things. Penny, game pieces, bolts, old jewelry, you name it.
Then it becomes a good car toy- the kids turn the bottle and try to find all of the items, which we've written on a seperate card.
These toys cost a fortune in the stores!

mj

thanks to DD, age 9.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kid's craft- thanks to my daughter

It has been discussed before but not recently at all so thanks for bringing it up again. Here is a previous thread which can give you some tips.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hidden Treasure Bottle

o
RE: Kid's craft- thanks to my daughter

Yes, we kept a list of things we put in the bottles. An artifical finger nail was one thing and pieces from an old Monolopy game and other games yielded some items. Next time I will make a "check" list so the kids can check off the things they find. Then they can tell if they have found everything.Or make a hang tag to tie around the top of the bottle. We filled ours with very fine sand. You might want to glue the cap on the bottle so they can't open them or they will open them and spill everything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here