Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

diamond dust - pics & info

craftylady-2006
17 years ago

Below are pics of Diamond Dust - This is what Oddie used on her "faux sugar Easter Egg Wreath). I got it at Michael's Craft Store, it was $8.99 and I used my 50% off coupon. I love it, it is very fine granules, you only need a little bit to make your projects sparkle (use a newspaper under your project when sprinkling it on so you can put it back in the container and not waste it). It is made by Floral Craft and you can go to their website (floralcraft.com) and check it out. I think this is the closest thing to what they call "German Glitter Glass" although that may be finer in granule size. I've never used that. Happy Crafting!

Sal

{{gwi:1475421}}

{{gwi:1475422}}

Comments (11)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

I'll add my endorsement of the Diamond Dust. Craftylady told me about it at Christmas and I just love it! It gives items such a soft sparkle.

I was inspired by Oddie's Easter egg wreath, so I dug out some wooden eggs I've had in my craft room for years. I painted them and sprinkled on the Diamond Dust. Put them in a basket for this pic, but will probably use them on a stacked plate arrangement for Easter. Just click to enlarge the picture. Luvs

• mydream
    17 years ago

Luvs;
    Your eggs are so pretty!

• oddie
    17 years ago

Luvs you eggs are just beautiful! love the ones with the rose, would be real pretty on your stacked plate. hope others that already know about diamond dust, doesnt miss your photo.
    Happy crafting
    oddie

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wonderful eggs Luvs, and the roses, just fantastic. Yup, that Diamond Dust sure does the trick, doesn't it! Since I'm mostly primitive country decorating, when I painted the wooden eggs last year for Easter, I didn't make any with the roses. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sal

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Sal, I love primitive country too! The eggs would look great with a crackled finish, or painted and stained too.

My whole house used to be mostly country--then sort of went country victorian, mostly because I loved things with roses and lace on them. Sometimes I still try to combine the two! LOL

I think I need to win a big lottery so I could have three houses! One prim/rustic, one country/victorian, and one current/trendy. I like them all, but can barely afford the one I have! LOL

Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, I love the eggs you did. They look so cute in the basket and will be perfect for stacking plates for Easter.

• iowagirl2006
    17 years ago

That is neat glitter.

I am a glitter fanatic! LOL!

I have bought several colors of the German Glass Glitter from an eBay seller - that is the only place I can find it, and she is quite resonable in her prices. I also like to use the Mica Flakes - and have only found that on eBay or mail order also.

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Iowagirl, am I correct - the German Glitter Glass is finer than the Diamond Dust? Just wondering. I had to get my Mica Flakes on eBay, can't find it anywhere at the craft stores. If you don't mind telling me, would you please share your eBay source for the German Glitter Glass, that's hard to find too.

Sal

• iowagirl2006
    17 years ago

The gal I get it from on eBay has it in a couple differnt grades - fine, medium, coarse

It might be the same as your Diamond Dust.

Glass glitter can be sharp. I have had a few small cuts from it.. But it is so pretty! LOL

The seller I buy from is Splinters and Rags. She also has a website now that I will link to below.

She has so many colors - and she also shows the different grades of glitter. She has Mica flakes also - which are great for the primitive crafts!

Here is a link that might be useful: Splinters and Rags

• sylky00
    17 years ago

I've bought the mica flakes & samples of the glass glitter from Splinters and Rags, too. Her prices are good, and so is the customer service.

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for sharing your source for the German Glitter Glass and Mica Flakes, much appreciated.

Sal

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH