Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bleach bottle bunny? Do you remember how to make one?

Posted by jannashome (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 24, 09 at 9:16

When I was small, my mom made easter baskets out of bleach bottles. I dont think they were cut, except for a hole in the back. I almost think they had some kind of colored plastic bag glued to them. I remember them being fluffy, like when you take a square of crepe paper and pinch it and fluff it, and glue in on something like a parade float? I would ask my mom but she is not here anymore, and I thought this would be fun to do with my own grandkids. If anyone has the same memory, please let me know!!! Thanks ,
Janna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bleach bottle bunny? Do you remember how to make one?

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/fav/bleach_bottle_bunny_basket.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Bleach Bottle Bunny

o

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/fav/bleach_bottle_bunny_basket.htm

o

Those are so cute please post some photos if you make them!!

o

those are very cute, but the ones I remember, were not cut out, and they had "fluffy" stuff glued all over, I think the hole for the eggs was cut out below the handle, and it seems like it was colored plastic bags cut up and formed like crepe paper how you cut in square, formed around the eraser on a pencil, dip in glue and stick on somehow, or poked in holes? I will keep looking, and you guys ask your moms or grandmas if they remember!!! Thanks so much

o

oh my goodness, you've got me remembering Brownies and Girl Scouts. We used to make Easter baskets, but we cut the bottom out, leaving the sides about 6" high. Then we'd cut another strip off for the handle, and use brads to attach it. And this also has me remembering bleach came in aqua colored plastic bottles,too :D
These baskets are so much cuter with the bunny cut out with it!

o

I remember this bunny. This was made with colored plastic squares. They were beautiful. I think you have the right idea about the square. I would do the plastic that way. Buy a pre-made bunny face, felt inside the cutout belly. I would then use the felt fore the ears and also inside the bunny. You could also put felt on the handle. A soft pom-pom for the tail. I am going to go ahead and try this and see if it is at least comparable. Good Luck !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here