Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inspiration for people who do Mosiacs

Posted by judithva (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 07 at 8:38

Hi all,
I don't post over here much, because I have not done crafts for a long time. But I love looking at other peoples crafts and crafts Blogs so I thought that some of you mosiac crafters might enjoy this site for inspiration.

This is my first try at a live link, I hope it works.

http://mosaiccottage.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page18.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: link

Well, sorry I see the "live" part did not work..Sigh...if any one has advice on how to make it "live" I would appreciate some directions. LOL

o
RE: Inspiration for people who do Mosiacs

Those are really neat.. wonder why they used as the base?

o
RE: instructions

The base (of the cupcakes) looks like one of the fancy foil cupcake liners. I am guessing she put the silver liners in a muffin tin (for support) and poured into the foil cup some kind of plaster as the base, then I am guessing she used a stroyfoam ball cut in half (a bigger diameter than the top of the foil (see how the top overhangs the foil?) then glue the half ball to the now dried plaster, then glue tiny china pieces to the half ball, then add the grout inbetween the china pieces.
But, I am just guessing LOL, I have never done mosiacs before, I read about it, so like I said just a guess....

If anyone else wants to jump in with instruction please do thanks.

o

That sounds about right based on mosaicing... Cute stuff at that link. A lot of work went into those, you can tell.

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o

I have never tried mosiacs and dont have a clue how they are made, but they are real cute, thanks for shareing!
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here