Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
candy1954_gw

My new snowpeople project

candy1954
16 years ago

I love to craft. I do mostly tole painting. I have been selling crafts for the last 7 years or so... For the past few years as I've gotten older,shows are just too much. Shows are alot like moving so I only do the Christmas season now. I haven't sewn since HS, many, many, years ago. I am hoping for feed back for improving on this idea, or maybe not making at all. They are quite labor intensive and craft shows aren't what they used to be, however I do enjoy making them. Any positive and or negative feedback would be appriciated as I don't know if these will even sell. I did enjoy giving these as gifts last Christmas though.

Thanks to all

Comments (8)

• oddie
    16 years ago

OMG sooo cute! would so love to see a larger photo! took a look at your other snowman, all are soo cute! love the cute faces and all the extra detail you add, what a wonderful gift! I am sure you would have no trouble saleing them! very beautiful indeed!
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• oddie
    16 years ago

Oh was so into your snowman I forgot to say you have some beautiful painting! love the roses painted on glass, you must show it and your other paintings to the girls on the painting fourm,I know they will so love it!
    oddie

• candy1954
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oddie,
    Thanks so much for the encouragement. I figured out how to post the pix of snowman from photobucket but don't know how to share at gallery...

• annabell40
    16 years ago

Candy,

I love their happy faces. I love the painting too. Any ideas on selling paintings? I've done a few on water color but have no idea how or where to sell them.

Thanks for Sharing!!!!! :) Anna

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Candy, your snowpeople are darling--such cute faces and outfits. I can't advise you on selling crafts, but I'm sure some of these other ladies can help.

Oddie mentioned posting your painting pics in the gallery on the Painting forum, so I am posting a link to make it easy for you to find it.

There are three sections on the Painting forum, gallery-discussions-and conversations. You can find the links about a third of the way down on the page, right in the middle. Please visit all three sections and chime in with your ideas and comments on any of the posts.

And good luck with your sales of your snowmen crafts too.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting forum gallery

• candy1954
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think I have this photobucket thing figured out...if not I posted a new message that works...I think Ha
    Thanks again everyone for the comments. I will submit photos of snowpeople to some shows and see what happens.
    Candy

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii20/candyagrant1953/?action=view&current=fc7e1fc2.pbw

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Candy I love your snowpeople
    Have you thought of doing them for other months in the year? I have some small ceramic guys who are decked out for different months of the year. Might be an idea you can utilize!!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• candy1954
    Original Author
    16 years ago

minnie,
    what a great idea I have some themed snowmen such as: military,Bears,Bulls,Greenbay etc...I also do themed Christmas trees
    Thanks,
    Candy

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area