Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Gold'...but which one?

Posted by sharon_fl (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 08 at 23:38

I'm in the midst of many projects for my grandaughter's room makeover (Cinderella theme) and I need your suggestions.
I purchased 2 electric light wall sconces with 2 tiers of prisms as well as a swag chandelier with crystal prisms. I want to paint the bases in a metallic gold but stumped as to which color gold.
I have painted a desk, dresser, headboard & a pr of footboards (with intricate wooden designs on the bed)-all in a cream color. Unlike French Provincial..I am going to 'trim the beveled edges in a pale pink or lavender but want to highlight the designs & the very edges in gold as well. Drawer pulls will be the pink or lavender acrylic type.
SO-do I use the shiney metallic gold or the 'old gold' or what on both the lighting and the furniture-or different on each?
Product brands and color name would be helpful too. THANKS!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Gold'...but which one?

Hi Sharon:

I would use Old Gold but I think that this may be my personal preference. However, what if you put all the colors together, the cream, the pale pink and the lavender and try adding the different shades of gold and see what your eyes tell you. Maybe put together a collage of papers in all the shades, if possible. You may come up with a masterpiece.

I would be consistent when choosing the color. In other words either shiny or old but not both.

Best of luck. Post pictures please.

:)

o
RE: 'Gold'...but which one?

Good point Annabell! I bought 3 different golds today-so will do as you suggested. Methinks I'm probably going to want the Classic shiny gold as I'm doing the walls in a castle block stone look-in shades of tan, taupe,pink, with mortar lines (base coat) in a brownish color and the brighter gold will show up better on all of the lighting fixtures, etc. There'll be arched windows around the room in which I'm painting different scenes from the Cinderella story in each window. Will post pics when all is completed. Thanks for your suggestions!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here